AKG D112-MK II Professional Bass Drum Microphone
An industry standard for kick drums or bass guitars.
The D112 MkII professional dynamic bass drum microphone features a new integrated flexible mount while retaining all the sonic strengths that have made its predecessor the industry-standard. Over the years, the D112 has earned a well-deserved reputation as one of the best bass drum microphones ever made, for its high SPL capability, punchy EQ and bulletproof construction.
The D112 MkII can handle more than 160dB SPL without distortion. Its large diaphragm has a very low resonance frequency that delivers a solid and powerful response below 100Hz. Its authoritative low end is complemented by a narrow-band presence boost at 4kHz that punches through even dense mixes and loud stage volumes with forceful impact. One of the many reasons artists and sound engineers love the D112 MkII is that it requires no additional EQ to sound just right as soon as you bring up the fader. Further refining its performance, the D112 MkII features an integrated hum-compensation coil that keeps noise to an absolute minimum.
In addition to being an exceptional bass drum mic on stage and in the studio, the D112 MkII is an excellent choice for miking electric bass cabinets and trombones.
- Integrated flexible mount makes it even more versatile
- Bass resonance volume chamber for unique, punchy sound
- Large diaphragm dynamic microphone delivers accurate low frequencies
- Integrated hum-compensation coil keeps noise to an absolute minimum
- Industry benchmark for bass drum microphone used on stages worldwide for over 30 years
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 17KhZ
- Max SPL: 136 dB
- Connectivity: XLR
- Pattern and type
- Capsule: Dynamic
- Pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio, stage
- Phantom power required: No
- Size and weight
- Width: 2.8" (70mm)
- Height: 4.2" (115mm)
- Depth: 5.6" (150mm)
- Weight: .63 lb.
- Included accessories
- Case: Pouch
- Clip: Plastic
- Power supply: No
Put some extra "Kick" into Your Kick Drum!