The tone chase ends here. The Ibanez AZ242BC's Seymour Duncan Hyperion humbuckers offer extreme clarity in high-gain situations, while its dyna-MIX 10 switching system provides 10 versatile pickup combinations. A stunning figured bocote top caps an asymmetrical American basswood body, delivering a warm growl with amazing midrange definition. The AZ242BC's roasted maple neck and fingerboard exhibit unmatched stability, while its contoured neck heel allows unmatched upper fret access. Beyond that, this guitar's Gotoh T1502 tremolo allows you to bend, twist, and dive-bomb while maintaining perfect intonation. Part of Ibanez's mid-tier Premium series, the AZ242BC features Gotoh locking tuners and a Graph Tech TUSQ nut.
Roasted maple neck offers stability and durability
The AZ242BC's roasted maple neck offers increased stability, durability, water resistance, and tolerance to temperature changes. And it's supremely comfortable - its fingerboard edge was finished with a smooth curve that extends through the border between the fingerboard and the neck to the fingerboard itself. Beyond that, this guitar's AZ Oval C-shaped neck fills your hand nicely at the lower frets, while providing a more modern feel when you're playing up high. Luminescent side dots give you a great point of reference on dark stages.
Seymour Duncan Hyperion humbuckers yield an endless array of tones
The Ibanez AZ242BC's Seymour Duncan Hyperion humbuckers are amongst the most balanced-sounding pickups we've heard. These passive humbuckers yield a moderate output and sport Alnico V magnets, which preserve the clarity of your fundamental tone in high-gain situations. You'll also benefit from a dynamic and clear pick attack. Beyond that, Ibanez's dyna-MIX 10 switching system provides 10 different pickup combinations via a mini toggle and 5-way blade switch. Whatever tone you're hearing in your head, the AZ242BC can achieve it.
Gotoh T1502 tremolo provides excellent tuning stability
Developed in collaboration with Gotoh, the AZ242BC's T1502 allows for effortless string skipping and hybrid picking, thanks to narrow string spacing. Loading the guitar's tremolo arm is a breeze, by virtue of the T1502's snap and hold socket, and its arm torque adjuster allows for fine adjustments without any tools. The T1502's stud lock screws lock the stud bolts in place, enhancing the instrument's resonance and providing excellent tuning stability. Beyond that, the T1502's 2-point floating tremolo system achieves an astoundingly smooth tremolo motion in either direction.
Ibanez AZ242BC Features:
- Stunning bocote-capped American basswood body exhibits a warm growl with incredible midrange definition
- Seymour Duncan Hyperion humbuckers preserve your clarity in high-gain situations
- dyna-MIX 10 switching system provides 10 different pickup combinations
- Roasted maple neck and fingerboard offer stability and durability
- AZ Oval C neck profile fills your hand nicely down low while providing a more modern feel up high
- Luminescent side dots give you a great point of reference on dark stages
- Gotoh T1502 tremolo provides excellent tuning stability
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: AZ Premium
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: American Basswood
- Top Material: Bocote
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Color: Deep Espresso Burst
- Neck Material: Roasted Maple
- Neck Shape: Oval C
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Black Dots, Luminescent Side Dots
- Number of Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.653"
- Nut Material: GraphTech Tusq
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Gotoh T1502 Tremolo
- Tuners: Gotoh Magnum Locking, Height Adjust Posts
- Neck Pickup: Duncan Hyperion Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Duncan Hyperion Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x tone, 5-way blade pickup switch, 1 x Alter mini-switch (Dyna-MIX10 switching system)
- Strings: .010-.046
- Case Included: Hardshell Case
- Finish: DET - Deep-Espresso-Burst
Even though Ibanez is thought of as a modern guitar brand, we have decades of accumulated knowledge and a history of pushing the boundaries.