Ibanez JBM27 Jake Bowen Signature 7 String RH Electric Guitar with Case-Black
The Ibanez JBM27 7-string solidbody electric guitar is a more affordable version of Periphery guitarist Jake Bowen's cutting-edge signature model.
Though it carries a lower price tag, the JBM27 cuts no corners. It offers a powerful and cutting duet of Bowen's signature DiMarzio Titan humbucking pickups. The maple and nyatoh body is outfitted with an Ibanez Zero-Edge II-7 tremolo system for ultimate pitch control. And the 3-piece maple neck is carved to Ibanez's sleek Wizard III profile.
Classic materials, modern design
The body of Jake Bowen's signature JBM27 7-string solidbody electric guitar is crafted from the tried-and-true combination of nyatoh and maple. This results in fat harmonic content and cutting sustain. But the guitar's contours set it apart from many instruments with the same materials. The deeply contoured cutaways offer you easy access to the highest frets. And the guitar's arched top adds a simple air of sophistication to its appearance. The body is then loaded with Ibanez's Zero-Edge II-7 double-locking tremolo that ensures tuning stability and great pitch control.
A world-famous Ibanez Wizard neck
Ibanez changed the world of electric guitar playing when they introduced their impossibly thin Wizard neck profile. The JBM27 Jake Bowen signature solidbody electric guitar boasts another generation of its iconic 7-string design. Its sleek carve sets the standard for guitarists needing a neck that caters to high-performance styles of playing. The neck's maple construction adds cut and sustain to the instrument's voice, while the 24-fret jatoba fretboard fills the tone with harmonic warmth. And a set of gold locking Gotoh tuners caps it off.
Powerful and articulate electronics
Ibanez spares no expense on the JBM27's electronics package. It carries the same Jake Bowen signature DiMarzio Titan neck and bridge humbucking pickups as its more expensive kin. These pickups were painstakingly designed to offer Bowen the full-range tone he desires while nailing the articulation and tight low end that Periphery's music demands. They are a high-output design and balance remarkably well between positions. Finally, a simple control layout of a single volume knob and a 3-way switch make dialing in your sound effortless.
- Signature 7-string guitar built for the aggressive music of Periphery
- Jake Bowen signature DiMarzio Titan humbucking pickups
- Classic tonewood construction of maple and mahogany
- Fast Wizard II-7 neck profile
- Bound jatoba fretboard with 24 jumbo frets
- Stable Ibanez Edge-Zero II-7 double-locking tremolo
- Gotoh MG-T locking machineheads ensure you always stay in tune
- Comes tuned from low to high: G#, C#, G#, C#, F#, A#, D#
- Neck Type: Wizard II-7 / 3pc Maple neck
- Top/Back/Body: Maple top / Nyatoh body
- Fretboard: Bound Jatoba / JBM special inlay on 12th fret
- Fret: Jumbo frets
- Bridge: Edge-Zero II-7 tremolo bridge
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio® Titan™ (H) neck pickup / (Passive/Ceramic)
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® Titan™ (H) bridge pickupPassive/Ceramic / (Passive/Ceramic)
- Factory Tuning: 1D#, 2A#, 3F#, 4C#, 5G#, 6D#, 7G# (Drop G#)
- String Gauge: .011/.014/.018/.030/.042/.052/.064
- Hardware Color: Black