Ibanez JSA20-VB Satriani Signature 6 String RH Acoustic Electric Guitar with Case-Vintage Burst High Gloss
The Ibanez Joe Satriani Series JSA20VB is an electric/acoustic guitar with a vintage burst gloss finish and an exotic-wood, single-cutaway body.
The top is constructed out of solid Englemann spruce, while the back and sides are fashioned out of solid Pau Ferro. The mahogany, 25.6" scale neck gives you an ebony fingerboard with 20 frets and abalone inlays. The bridge is also fashioned ebony.
For electronics, this guitar utilizes a Fishman Acoustic Matrix Pickup and a Fishman Aura Pro preamplifier. These two elements are designed to capture a transparent tone, though it also allows you to utilize Fishman's Image Gallery software.
This software gives you sonic images of hundreds of tonal profiles that you can blend with the pickup's sound by means of the Image knob. Off the bat, the guitar comes loaded with Joe Satriana's preferred preset. Up to four images can be saved in the preamp. You'll also find that the Anti-Feedback button, Phase button, and onboard tuner will come in handy on stage.
The bridge makes use of Ibanez Advantage pins to secure strings to the body, while Grover Chrome die-cast tuners with half-moon knobs sit atop the headstock. You'll note other aesthetic and timbrel touches, such as the abalone soundhole rosette, and the Graph Tech TUSQ nut and saddle.
Ebony Fingerboard and Bridge
Ebony produces tight lows and mids, while giving you a focused high-end. It also exhibits a quick response and rich sustain.
Solid Engelmann Spruce Top
Engelmann Spruce offers a rich midrange and a vibrant tonal character with precise articulation.
- Body Shape: JSA body
- Top:Solid Engelmann Spruce top
- Neck Type: JSA / Nyatoh neck
- Back and Sides: Solid Pau Ferro back & Solid Pau Ferro sides
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard
- Bridge: Ebony bridge
- Inlay: Abalone dot
- Soundhole Rosette: Abalone
- Tuning Machine: Grover® Chrome Die-cast Tuner w/Half moon knobs
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® TUSQ®
- Number of Frets: 20
- Saddle Material: Compensated TUSQ®
- Bridge Pins: Ibanez Advantage™
- Strings: D'Addario® EXP16
- Pickup: Fishman® Acoustic Matrix™
- Preamp: Fishman® Aura® Pro preamp w/Onboard tuner & Joe Satriani Original preset sound
- Output Jack: 1/4" Endpin Jack