Ibanez S1070PBZ-CLB S Premium Series 6 String Electric Guitar - Cerulean Blue Burst
The Ibanez Premium S1070PBZ 6-string solidbody electric guitar delivers a unique tonal output thanks to a 5-piece poplar burl/walnut/curly maple/panga panga top and an African mahogany body - a veritable smorgasbord of exotic tonewoods. In addition, an 11-piece neck with a panga panga fretboard feels smooth and has incredible response and playability. A trio of pickups - two humbucking, one single-coil - with a 5-way pickup switch gives the S1070PBZ a massive array of tonal options and stylistic approaches. And the Edge-Zero II tremolo bridge helps create epic sustain and superior note definition.
Your fingers will fly on this Wizard-7 super-fast neck
As one of Ibanez's fastest necks to date, the Wizard-7 is an 11-piece panga panga/maple/walnut/purpleheart neck that is an absolute pleasure to play. This slim and super-comfortable neck lets you pull off lightning-fast runs and arpeggios with ease, but it still gives you the substance you need for gripping chords. Plus, with its neck-through construction, the S1070PBZ delivers epic sustain. From the first time you wrap your hand around the Premium S1070PBZ's Wizard-7 neck, you'll know you have a guitar that was built with performance in mind.
Great stability, sustain, and articulation
The Ibanez Premium S1070PBZ features an Edge-Zero II tremolo bridge - an expertly designed system that not only provides killer sustain but also amazing stability for staying in tune. The Edge-Zero II tremolo bridge lays nearly flush to the guitar's body and has features for adjusting tremolo response and string tension via the Ibanez-designed Zero-Point system located on the back of the S1070PBZ body.
Versatile pickup configuration
The pickup configuration on the Ibanez Premium S1070PBZ is a work of art in itself. A DiMarzio Air Norton humbucker in the neck slot kicks out deep, warm tone without muddying out when driven hard. A second humbucker at the bridge, the DiMarzio Tone Zone, features brilliantly high-output yet delivers tremendous dynamic range, so you can get even more tones out of your guitar. Chords are huge, even single notes have depth, and the DiMarzio Tone Zone's patented dual-resonance coils deliver killer overtones. Finally, a single-coil DiMarzio True Velvet sits in the middle position, nailing that vintage single-coil tone. Engineered to emphasize the "sweet spot" where the highs are bell-like, the True Velvet uses a special magnet stagger to avoid the harsh tone you can get above the 12th fret on the higher strings.
Ibanez Premium S1070PBZ 6-string Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- 16mm poplar burl, walnut, curly maple, and panga panga top and African mahogany body provide a complex tonal response
- Prestige fret-edge treatment for ultra-smooth feel
- 11-piece panga panga/maple/walnut/purpleheart neck
- Wizard-7 neck is stronger and more resonant than 1-piece necks
- Edge-Zero II bridge for maximum sustain and tuning stability
- DiMarzio custom pickups deliver a massive array of tone
- Extended sonic range and premium appointments
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: S1070
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: African Mahogany
- Top Material: Poplar Burl/Walnut/Maple/Panga Panga
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: Cerulean Blue Burst
- Neck Material: 11-piece Panga Panga/Maple/Walnut/Purpleheart
- Neck Shape: Wizard
- Radius: 15.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Panga Panga, bound
- Fingerboard Inlay: Offset Mother-of-pearl Dots
- Number of Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Nut Material: Locking
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Edge-Zero II Tremolo with ZPS3Fe Zero Point
- Tuners: Gotoh MG-T Locking
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio Air Norton Humbucker
- Middle Pickup: DiMarzio True Velvet Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Tone Zone Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x tone, 5-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: .009-.042
- Case Included: Hardshell Case
- Finish: Cerulean Blue Burst
For electronics, this guitar has been outfitted with three DiMarzio pickups.