In addition to the volume dial, you get mid/bass/treble boost/cut knobs, a tone balancer, a 3 way mid freq selector and an EQ bypass switch. Once you've learned how each one changes your tone you can make radical changes live on stage or in the studio whether you're direct to the PA or using an amp.
The body is an ash, walnut and mahogany combination. This gives the guitar a characterful look and an interesting, warm tone. The neck is fast yet comfortable and the fret's have been specially treated for better response and feel.
The Nordstrand "Big Single" pickups on this guitar are full, loud and aggressive. If that describes you're style then this is the bass for you
- Gig bag included
The saddles can be adjusted +/-1.5mm, to answer to the bassist's detailed demands and to help finding out the best string spacing for many playstyles.
- neck type: Atlas-4 5pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart neck
- top/back/body: Ash/Walnut top African Mahogany body
- fretboard: Bound Panga Panga fretboard Abalone oval inlay
- fret Medium: frets Premium fret edge treatment
- number of frets: 24
- bridge: MR5S bridge
- neck pickup: Nordstrand™ Big Single neck pickup Passive
- bridge pickup: Nordstrand™ Big Single bridge pickup Passive
- equalizer: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & 3-way Mid frequency switch
- factory tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E
- string gauge: .045/.065/.085/.105
- nut: Graph Tech® BLACK TUSQ XL®
- hardware color: Gold
- Scale : 864mm/34"
- a : Width 38mm at NUT
- b : Width 62mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR
All the controls you could possibly need access to are right at your fingertips on this bass.