Ibanez SR870-ALG Soundgear Series 4-String RH Electric Bass-Autumn Leaf Gradation
Ibanez's SR line of electric bass guitars have long been considered one of the most comfortable instruments for players who appreciate sleek lines and fast playability. The SR870's body boasts that iconic, sculpted shape that seems to naturally hug your body without ever getting in the way of your performance. Combined with its extended neck joint, the SR870's thin, ultra-stable jatoba/walnut neck offers superior playability and upper-fret accessibility. The truss rod adjustment at the neck pocket lets you easily fine-tune the neck without having to loosen the strings.
The electronics onboard the SR870 offer a huge palette of bass tone. Ibanez outfitted this electric bass with Bartolini pickups and Custom 3-band electronics. The electronics harness the power of the bass's dual-coil neck and bridge pickups while adding plenty of tone-shifting options. The Ibanez Custom 3-band electronics and 3-way mid-frequency switch provide precise tonal control with EQ points at 250Hz, 450Hz, and 700Hz. With their lower resonant frequency, the Bartolini BH2 dual-coil pickups deliver a warm, balanced response, tight low end, and a full midrange. Bassists love these pickups. You will, too.
The SR870 features Ibanez's Accu-cast B500 bridge. Developed to meet the needs of bassists who prefer various string spacings, the B500 bridge saddles can be easily adjusted to widen or tighten the string spacing by ±1.5mm. Of course, it also allows for precise intonation and provides excellent string-to-body vibration transfer.
- A value-packed instrument with fast playability and broad tonal
- Sleekly contoured mahogany body with flame maple top
- SR-profile 5-piece jatoba/walnut neck
- Jatoba fingerboard with 24 medium frets and abalone
- Bartolini BH-2 neck and bridge pickups
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ; 3-way Mid frequency
- Accu-cast B500 bridge provides solid intonation and sustain
Black matte hardware
- Body Shape: SR
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 4
- Color: Autumn Leaf Gradation
- Body Material: Flamed Maple/Walnut top, Mahogany body
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: 5-piece Maple/Walnut
- Neck Shape: SR4
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Jatoba
- Fingerboard Inlay: Abalone Oval
- Number of Frets: 24, Medium
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.496"
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Accu-cast B500 bridge
- Tuners: Ibanez machine heads
- Neck Pickup: Bartolini BH2 Dual-coil Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Bartolini BH2 Dual-coil Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x volume, 1 x balancer, 3-band boost/cut EQ, EQ
- Strings: .045-.105
- Country of Origin: Indonesia