The deep cutaway body and the contoured neck heel allow for unencumbered access to the upper regions of the fingerboard, ensuring solid playability. The SRH4 5-piece neck couples maple with walnut to create stability and strength in a thin design with increased sustain and superior tone.
The custom bridge includes the AeroSilk Piezo pickup system, offering a warm, acoustic-like tone typically found in an upright bass. The AeroSilk Piezo system also features individual gain pots for each string and includes piezo active tone and volume controls. Additional features include black matte hardware and a specially designed forearm contour on the body top, which adds playing comfort and an elegant accent to its appearance.
Semi-Hollow Body Construction
- With its maximized hollow space, spruce top and mahogany back and sides, the 55mm-thick semi-hollow body delivers a rich acoustic tone
AeroSilk Piezo Pickup
- The custom bridge contains the magic of the AeroSilk Piezo system, which works with flatwound strings to provide a character reminiscent of an upright bass
Contoured Neck Heel
- A Bound Panga Panga fingerboard with offset position markers, caps a 5-piece maple/walnut neck with a contoured neck heel that creates a deep neck joint with unfettered access to the upper frets
- Neck Type: SRH4 5-piece maple/walnut
- Body: Spruce top/mahogany back semi-hollow body
- Fingerboard: Bound Panga Panga with off-set white dot inlay
- Number of Frets: 24 Medium Frets
- Bridge: Custom bridge for AeroSilk Piezo system (0.75" / 19.0mm string spacing)
- Hardware Color: Black matte
- Scale: 34.0" / 864.0mm
- Width at Nut: 1.5" / 38.0mm
- Width at Last Fret: 2.4" / 62.0mm
- Thickness at 1st Fret: 0.77" / 19.5mm
- Thickness at 12th Fret: 0.85" / 21.5mm
- Radius: 12.0" / 305.0mm
- Recommended Case/Bag MB300C
The specially designed forearm contour on the body top offers playing comfort and adds an elegant accent to its appearance.