The PreSonus Eris E5 sports a 5.25-inch, Kevlar low-frequency driver, mated with a 45W, Class AB amplifier; and a 1-inch (25 mm), silk-dome tweeter powered by a 35W, Class AB amplifier. It can crank out a clean 102 dB SPL, peak. Frequency response is rated at 53 Hz to 22 kHz. For a studio monitor in its size and price class, that's impressive.
When you're ready to get serious about recording, it's time to step up to PreSonus Eris-series studio monitors. Cheap computer speakers and home-stereo speakers won't reveal the truth about your mix. They aren't designed for that.
In contrast, Eris speakers are real studio monitors, delivering a very accurate response with a tight bass and very clear upper end. That's what you need in a home studio. Thanks to well-designed Kevlar® low frequency transducers, low-mass silk-dome tweeters, responsive Class AB amplification, and professional acoustic-adjustment controls, Eris delivers the goods.
Yet Eris-series speakers are ultra-affordable, making them a terrific value. And with two models, you can easily find the Eris monitor that best suits your studio needs.
When Size Matters
If space is at a premium, or if you want the ultimate in portability, consider the compact Eris E5, which takes up just 7 x 10.24 x 7.68 inches (178 x 260 x 195 mm) and weighs in at just 10.2 lbs (4.63 kg). You can shoehorn this little beauty into almost any studio space.
All Eris speakers have front-ported enclosures made of vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard (MDF).
- 5.25-inch Kevlar® low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- 70 watt Class AB biamplification
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Midrange (±6 dB, continuously variable), HF (±6 dB, continuously variable), High-Pass (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz) and Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- Balanced XLR/¼-inch and unbalanced RCA inputs
- 102 dB maximum continuous SPL
- 1- Balanced XLR
- 1- Balanced ¼" TRS
- 1- Unbalanced RCA
- Frequency Response: 53 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 45W
- HF Amplifier Power: 35W
- Peak SPL (@ 1 meter): 102 dB
- LF Driver: 5.25" Kevlar®
- HF Driver: 1" silk dome
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ
- Volume Range: A-type taper
- MF Control: -6, 0, +6 dB
- HF Control: -6, 0, +6 dB
- Low Cut: Flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space: Flat, -2 dB, -4 dB
- RF interference
- Output-current limiting
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- Power: 100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard
- Dimensions (WxDxH):7" (178 mm) x 7.68" (195 mm) x 10.24" (260 mm)
- Weight:10.2 lbs (4.63 kg)