Shure SM57-LC Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
The Shure SM57-LC is exceptional for musical instrument pickup and vocals. With its bright, clean sound and contoured frequency response, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording.
The SM57 has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern that isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds.
Outstanding performance, reliability, and application diversity make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers worldwide.
- Contoured frequency response for clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
- Professional-quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
40 to 15,000 Hz
Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz)
Open Circuit Voltage: -56.0 dBV/Pa* (1.6 mV)
*(1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
Rated impedance is 150 ohms (310 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast steel with a polycarbonate grille and a stainless steel screen
Net Weight (without cable)
284 grams (10 oz)