Vintage Supro electric guitars deliver a feel and tone that has been difficult to replicate, until now. Supro is proudly returning to the electric guitar market and announcing the news with their Island Series instruments. These solidbody electric guitars are immediately recognizable as Supros thanks to their beveled Ozark body shapes. This single-cutaway design is definitely an original while being familiar enough to look great on any stage. And the Wave tailpiece completes the guitar's vintage vibe.
What sets these Supro Island Series Westbury solidbody electric guitars apart from their older ancestors are the modern-day construction techniques that are deployed in their creation. A solid alder body is utilized for its lighter weight and balanced tonality. The maple neck is set into the body and boasts a comfortably designed neck heel that offers easy high-fret access. You'll also appreciate the neck's satin finish for unrestrained playing. Finally, a solid and adjustable bridge ensures the guitar's intonation remains solid.
The Supro Island Series Westbury solidbody electric guitar has a bold look, especially considering its pair of genuine Gold Foil single-coil pickups. These Gold Foils are painstaking re-creations of the originals designed by Ralph Keller in the early 1950s. They are true single-coils, full of chime and bell-like clarity, in humbucking-style enclosures. These pickups ensure you'll enjoy a huge, full-range tone with plenty of switching options. Add in the '50s-style wiring, and you'll be pulling up vintage-flavored rock tones in no time.
- Guitar design based on prized vintage instruments
- Solid alder body delivers a balanced tone
- Set maple neck boasts a sculpted heel for high-fret
- 2 Gold Foil single-coil pickups
- Stable and adjustable bridge
- Simple to use '50s electronics wiring
- Attractive Wave tailpiece
- Extra-jumbo 6100 fretwire
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Set 12" radius maple neck in black satin finish with
6100-style rosewood fretboard
- Pickups: Gold Foil overwound in bridge position and and reverse
wound in neck position
- Colour: Antique White finish
Discontinued, B-stock and otherwise refurbished items have a limited warranty. Please see manufacturer for details.