Perform, Record, and Practice with the Same Pedal.
The SPECTRADRIVE Bass Preamp and Drive Pedal from TC Electronics is a bass preamp and line driver that features built-in TonePrint-customizable SpectraComp compression and distortion, as well as a studio-grade DI output. It can be used in several environments by bass players to deliver the warm sound and feel of a tube amp for live stage, theater, and studio applications.
The SPECTRADRIVE is built with a 1/4" input, thru, and output jack and has eight rotary knobs on the front for Gain, TubeDrive, SpectraComp, Level, Bass, Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid, and Treble settings. There are two foot switches: one is for bypass, and the other is for the effect. Other features include 3 toggle switches for Pre/Post EQ, Ground/Lift and Instrument/Line level, while the parallel outputs make it a breeze to send your dry bass tone to your amp or a separate tuner.
Furthermore, the Bass Preamp and Drive Pedal's balanced DI feeds all the tone-saturated goodness of your SPECTRADRIVE directly to the house system. This pedal doubles as a practice amp too. Just plug in your headphones and you are ready to play.
- High-quality bass preamp ported directly from TC's line of bass amps gives you tonal options for practice, live, and studio performance
- TubeDrive with TonePrint technology emulates preamplifier and power amplifier tube stages, offering you everything from subtle drive to full-on distortion
- SpectraComp control with TonePrint technology provides a variety of ultra-transparent and highly musical multiband compression profiles to cut through any mix
- Intelligent EQ stack dedicated to bass has four simple control dials to give you simple and impressive tone-shaping
- Balanced DI with pre/post switch allows direct connection to mixing consoles or recording equipment
- Analog buffering from the Bonafide Buffer pedal prevents signal distortion from long cable runs
- Auxiliary rehearsal input for playback through speaker or headphones
- Parallel outputs for tuning or sending clean signal to your amp and mixer
- Studio-quality headphone amplifier with speaker emulation for personal practice and silent rehearsals
- Simple, easy-to-use controls let you focus on playing
- Pedal Type: Overdrive, Preamp, Compressor
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/8" (aux)
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (out, thru), 1 x XLR (DI out)
- Other I/O: 1 x 1/8" (headphones)
- USB: 1 x Micro-B
- Bypass Switching: Buffered
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply (included)
- Height: 2.1"
- Width: 4.4"
- Depth: 5.3"
- Weight: 1.28 lbs.
Learning new music? Warming up backstage? The SpectraDrive has a studio-grade headphone out and an 1/8" auxiliary in to let you sculpt tones and build chops while away from your stage rig.