Washburn RSD135-D-YEAR 6-String RH Anniversary Limited Edition Super Auditorium Acoustic Guitar-Natural
The RSD135-D 135th Anniversary Limited Edition acoustic guitar pays direct homage to Washburn's 1937 5246 Super Auditorium 6-string. This big-bodied instrument sings with the same bold and loud tone that offers plenty of headroom for hard strummers and flat pickers. And thanks to modern updates, such as a Neutral-C neck profile and Graphtech Ratio tuners, the guitar remains extremely comfortable and reliable. But the Washburn Custom Shop is only crafting 135 pieces for worldwide distribution.
The solid Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides on the RSD135-D 135th Anniversary Limited Edition Super Auditorium are certainly eye catching, and they're a recipe for outstanding acoustic tone too. Expect rich and punchy power and a complex frequency range from the solid Sitka top. The mahogany imparts the guitar with a warm and dry ring that allows the detail of every string to ring through. And because it has a solid wood top, you can expect to hear even more harmonic richness over the years.
The bracing inside of the Washburn RSD135-D 135th Anniversary Limited Edition Super Auditorium is unlike anything you'll find in most guitars. Carefully tuned from alpine moon spruce, this scalloped bracing minimizes the rigidity of the spruce top and allows it to vibrate more freely. "Moonwood" is sourced from spruce trees that were fell during a specific phase of the lunar cycle, believed to add a bigger, bolder, and more balanced tone to your RSD135-D acoustic.
- Vintage-leaning acoustic guitar to celebrate Washburn's 135th
- Extremely limited supply
- Design based on a 1937 5426 6-string acoustic
- Solid Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and side offer power
- Alpine moon spruce bracing allows the top to ring true
- Comfortable Neutral-C neck profile
- Vintage-correct aesthetic
- Stable Graphtech Ratio tuning machines
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Body Bracing: Cathedral Peaked Scalloped X-bracing
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Neutral C
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Tuning Machines: GraphTech Ratio-tuned Open Back
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16 Light, .012-.053
- Case Included: Hardshell Case