Akai EWI Solo Electronic Wind Instrument with Built-In Speakers ewi-solo-xus
Simulates a variety of wind instruments.
The Akai EWI SOLO is an Electronic Wind Instrument With Built-in Speaker.
Next Generation Wind Instrument
Introducing EWI Solo, the latest addition to Akai Professional's iconic Electronic Wind Instrument family. Ready for any setting, EWI Solo fuses all the expressive musical capabilities and control found in traditional acoustic wind instruments with a go-anywhere specification. For the seasoned instrumentalist, expanding your sonic pallet without compromising the technique you have honed over years of practice has never been simpler. Beginners seeking the perfect blend of versatility and convenience, your entry-point into a world of wind instruments starts here. Play with passion, be emotive, embrace the power of the digital era and express yourself to the nth degree - your performance demands nothing less than perfection, make sure your next Solo starts with EWI.
Premium Sounds for any Performance
Out-the-box, EWI Solo is primed for any performance with 200 onboard sounds - from luscious evolving synth pads to an authentic sultry jazz clarinet, every genre is catered for with an expertly curated catalog of sounds.
Built-in Speaker for EWI Anywhere
Liberate your performance from cumbersome hookup cables for good. With an internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery for 12+ hours of uninterrupted play time, plus a built-in speaker calibrated for the most natural sound reproduction experience, EWI Solo is ready whenever and wherever your creativity strikes.
Make Any Sound Your Own
EWI Solo's ultra-responsive mouthpiece with an air-pressure level sensor and bite sensor precisely controls volume and pitch dynamics for immersive, expressive performances. Combine this with dedicated FX controls to add Reverb, Delay and Chorus, plus editing facilities for Pitch, Tuning and Dual LFOs, and EWI Solo provides everything to shape your signature sound.
Play Your Way
Woodwind and Brass players, there is no need to learn anything new here. At the twist of a dial EWI Solo's interface can be switched to flute, oboe, saxophone and EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument) fingering modes.
Practice, Live Performance, Studio Recording - EWI Solo's arsenal of connectivity options provides complete hookup flexibility. Delve into a world of software instruments with EWI Solo's USB-MIDI connectivity. Connect directly to PA systems with the ¼-inch output. Practice privately, at any hour, with the 1⁄8-inch headphone output. Whatever your needs, EWI Solo delivers.
The Finishing Touch
EWI Solo's performance possibilities are virtually limitless. Octave rollers instantly shift the note key's range, effortlessly changing the playable register. Add portamento using the conveniently located glide plate. Get exactly the expression you need with an adjustable pitch bend plate. You can even save any program edits and recall them on the fly with the handy favorites feature. Convenient, versatile and brimming with must have sound content, EWI Solo is ready to perform whenever you are.
- Authentic wind-instrument performance and response for the digital era
- 200 onboard premium acoustic and synth sounds
- 12+ hours of play time using the rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charging adapter included)
- Built-in Speaker calibrated for the most natural sound reproduction experience
- OLED display to easily view presets and parameters
- USB port for USB-MIDI connection and battery recharging
- 1/4-inch audio output, 1/8-inch headphone output
- 1/8-inch auxiliary input
- MIDI Output Channels Over USB: 16
- Note Keys: 14
- Octave Rollers: 6 mobile, 2 fixed; 5-octave range
- Plates: 1 pitch-bend, 2 ground
- Inputs / Outputs: (1) USB port, (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS line output, (1) 1⁄8" (3.5mm) TRS headphone output, (1) 1⁄8" (3.5mm) TRS auxiliary input
- Power: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included; charges via USB)
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 30.12" x 3.00" x 3.24" / 76.5cm x 7.6cm x 8.2cm
- Weight: 1.79 lbs. / 0.8kg
With a 12+ hour playtime on one charge, this instrument is ready to play when you are.