Akai MPK Mini 3 USB MIDI Compact Keyboard and Pad Controller mpk-mini-3
Whether you're a mobile performer or a studio producer, Akai Professional's MPKMINI3 MPK Mini III lets you take control of your music-making in exciting new ways.
Small enough to fit in your backpack, this diminutive, USB bus-powered MIDI controller gives you 25 velocity-sensitive synth-action mini keys, Octave Up/Down buttons, and an ergonomic 4-way thumbstick for pitch-bend and mod duties. With the MPK Mini III, you also get eight backlit, velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads (in two banks) with MPC Note Repeat and Full Level, plus eight assignable knobs. In addition, there's an onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes.
Craft sophisticated Virtual Instrument rigs with Akai
The difference between a cool MIDI controller and a full hybrid keyboard workstation is Akai Professional VIP3.0 - a powerful instrument and FX suite that's free with the MPK Mini III. This third-generation version of Akai Professional's Virtual Instrument Player software is a masterpiece of workflow management. It lets you load up just about any VST plug-in and combine up to eight virtual instruments plus effects into sophisticated arrangements with key zones, splits, and custom mappings - exactly what you'd expect from a standalone workstation. What's more, there's an ever-growing list of plug-ins that automatically map to your controller, but thanks to VIP3.0's MIDI Learn function, you can map any plug-in with any controller in any way you like. Run it as a standalone platform or use it as a plug-in in your favorite DAW. Either way, VIP3 will revolutionize the way you approach virtual instruments.
- Performance USB/MIDI Pad & Keyboard Controller
- 25 velocity-sensitive synth-action mini keys
- 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch/modulation control
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pas with Note Repeat
- 8 assignable knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- Dedicated Octave Up and Octave Down buttons
- Full Level button; Tap Tempo button
- Ultra-compact design lets you create anywhere
- USB-MIDI communication with Mac/PC
- USB-powered; no power adapter required
- Sustain pedal input jack
- Free download of VIP3.0 for direct control of VST instruments
- Note Keys: 25 velocity-sensitive keys; 10-octave range with octave up/down buttons
- Pads: 8 assignable backlit pads, velocity- and pressure-sensitive; 2 banks
- Knobs: 8 assignable 360° knobs
- X-Y Controller: 1 configurable thumbstick with 3 modes
- Connections: (1)1/4" (6.35mm) TS input for sustain pedal, (1) USB port
- Power: USB Bus-powered
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 12.5" x 7.13" x 1.75" (318mm x 181mm x 44mm)
- Weight: 1.65 lbs. (0.75 kg)
Get hands-on with your music again with the Akai Professional MPK Mini III.