AKG C214 Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone c-214
A versatile addition to any mic locker.
AKG's industry-leading C414 microphones are already a permanent fixture in the world's biggest recording studios and a highly respected workhorse for independent artists, broadcasting, and on-stage miking as well.
The new C214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C414 family. It captures sound combining one side of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and AKG's patented Back-Plate Technology, which results in an outstanding performance very close to the famous C414 B-XLS.
Like the C414 models, the C214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20dB Attenuation pad, 13dB noise floor, and a low cut switch - all in an elegant but rugged package.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the C214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
The C214 comes complete with carrying case, windscreen, and spider suspension mount included.
- AKG's Legendary 1" Edge-Terminated Large Diaphragm Sound
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Roadworthy design
- Integrated Suspension to reduce mechanical Noise
- Switchable 20dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Rugged double mesh grille for high RF immunity but unaffected Acoustics
- All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Spider-type Shockmount included
- Metal Carrying case included
C214 Large Diaphragm Condenser Mic
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 136/156dB SPL (0/-20dB) (for 0.5% THD)
- Equivalent noise level: 13 dB-A to IEC 60268-4 (A-weighted)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 81dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0/-20dB (switchable)
- Bass cut filter slope: 160Hz, 6dB/Octave, switchable
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=1000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 12 to 52 V Phantom power to IEC 61938
- Current consumption: < 2 mA
- Dynamic range: 123/143 dB (0/-20 dB) (A-weighted)
- Connector: IEC standard 3-pin XLR
- Finish matte: grayish blue
- Dimensions: 160 x 55mm (6.3" x 2.2")
- Net weight: 280g (0.62lb.)
- Shipping weight: 1450g (3.22lb.)
Designed, engineered and built in Vienna, Austria.