Audio-Technica AT-LP7 Fully Manual Belt-Drive Turntable at-lp-7
The AT-LP7 builds on the Audio Technica heritage.
Recognizing the critical role a cartridge plays in reproducing high-fidelity audio from vinyl, we designed this fully manual, belt-drive turntable around our VM cartridge line, incorporating the finest materials and structures in support of the cartridge's performance. The AT-LP7 comes with a VM520EB Dual Moving Magnet Cartridge with a 10 g AT-HS10 headshell and 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical bonded stylus. That stylus can be replaced with any of the other six styli available in the VM line, giving users an easy means of upgrading the stylus without buying a whole new cartridge.
The headshell attaches to a J-shaped tone arm that takes its inspiration from the classic A-T models of the 1960s and '70s. The tone arm features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings to mitigate tracking errors, and includes an adjustable counterweight and anti-skate control. The height of the tone arm can be adjusted from 0 mm to 6 mm to accommodate a wide variety of cartridges.
The turntable chassis is constructed of 40 mm-thick MDF (medium density fiberboard), an excellent anti-vibration damping material that limits low-frequency acoustical feedback. The anti-resonance platter is made of 20 mm-thick polyoxymethylene and is driven by a sensor-monitored motor that ensures a continuously accurate platter rotation speed of 33-1/3 or 45 RPM. The AT-LP7 also includes a built-in switchable phono/line preamp for connection to components with or without a dedicated phono input, and a selector switch to designate operation with a moving magnet or moving coil cartridge.
- Fully manual, belt-drive operation with two speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
- Motor features a speed-sensor system to maintain accurate platter rotation speed
- VM520EB Dual Moving Magnet Cartridge provides outstanding channel separation and extended frequency response, and allows for easy replacement with any VM stylus
- J-shaped tone arm features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings for excellent tracking
- Built-in switchable phono pre-amplifier with selectable modes for moving magnet or moving coil cartridges
- 20 mm-thick, anti-resonance, polyoxymethylene platter
- 40 mm-thick MDF (medium density fiberboard) chassis
- Lightweight AT-HS10 headshell
- Includes dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45 RPM adapter, and dust cover
- Type: 2-speed, fully manual operation
- Motor: DC motor
- Drive Method: Belt drive
- Speeds: 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM
- Turntable Platter: Polyoxymethylene
- Wow and Flutter: <0.08% WRMS (33 RPM) at 3 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >60 dB
- Output Level: Pre-amp "PHONO": 4.5 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec, Pre-amp "LINE (MM)": 280 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec
- Phono Pre-Amp Gain: MM: 36 dB nominal, RIAA equalized, MC: 56 dB nominal, RIAA equalized
- Power Supply Requirements: 100 to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 0.6 A max.
- Power Consumption: 5.5 W
- Dimensions: 450.0 mm (17.72") W x 352.0 mm (13.86") D x 157.0 mm (6.18") H
- Weight: 8.3 kg (18.30 lbs.), without dust cover
- Accessories Included: VM520EB Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge with replaceable stylus; AT-HS10 lightweight headshell; power cord; dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable; 45 RPM adapter; dust cover
- Replacement Cartridge: VM520EB
- Type: Static balanced J-shaped tonearm
- Effective length: 247 mm
- Overhang: 17 mm
- Maximum tracking error angle: Less than 2.5°
- Stylus pressure adjustment range: 0 to 2.5 g
- Applicable cartridge weight range (including headshell): 15 to 20 g
Audio-Technica began in 1962 as a designer and manufacturer of high-end phonograph cartridges, bringing to the audio world the innovative Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge with its outstanding channel separation, extended frequency response and superb tracking.