Blackstar SILVERSTD20 Silverline Standard 20-watt 1x10" Guitar Amplifier Combo silver-std-20
The Blackstar SILVER STD 20 may not be the first digital amp to give variable voicing and onboard FX a familiar face. But it IS one of the first in a long while to make it look so easy and feel so darn fun.
From its tube-laden guitar tones to its classic-combo looks and controls, the Silverline Standard is a thrill to play - strumming "Hallelujah" with reverb or chunkin' out "Unchained" with gain, you'd swear you're parked in front of a tube amp. In addition to its wide gain range (and we do mean WIDE), the Silverline Standard provides variable power tube emulation (KT66s to EL84s), an expressive EQ and ISF section, master resonance and presence controls (accessible by holding the "Tap" button), and gobs of gooey analog-inspired effects. It's all powered by a high-powered SHARC processor and Blackstar's patented TVP technology for realistic approximations of six in-demand amp tones. Not only that, but a speaker-emulated stereo output, MP3 input, and a USB connection make this combo a knockout for gigging, recording, re-amping, and preset saving/sharing.
One of the Silverline Standard's best qualities has to be its choice visuals and streamlined controls. Not only does it don the sleek look of today's boutique guitar amps, but it puts every control exactly where you expect it. Gain, EQ, Level, FX - each function is assigned to its own dedicated knob. The smooth silver "faux-lex" and matching silver grille and logo are nice touches to boot.
Six amp voicings
Though its top panel may read similar to the ID:Core lineup, the Silverline Standard's superior amp voicings are on another level. With the spin of the knob, you've got access to six totally inspiring and entirely customizable amp voicings based on some modern in-demands.
- Clean Warm - Based on an American classic. This voicing does a great impression of a Deluxe or a Twin, depending on power tube choice.
- Clean Bright - As above, but with a chimier top end and sparklier overtones. Paired with a long hall reverb, this one's perfect for "Sleep Walk" slide work and "Shine On" chordal cleans.
- Crunch - A broken-up British combo with raw high-watt heat. We liked this one best with EL84s. Dial back the gain for a touch of dirt, or crank up for sticky, syrupy sustain.
- Super Crunch - Based on a consummate British favorite. Think Super Lead to JCM territory.
- OD 1 - An all-controls-at-11 "brown" voicing. 6L6s and EL34s bring out the mids of the OD1 voicing in the best way.
- OD 2 - 5150 territory. Throw out the gain knob for this one. This channel gives you a great front end for modern hard rock and metal.
Variable output tube response
True Valve Power (TVP) gives your Blackstar Silverline Standard six different responses modeled after the most popular power tube types. Here you can choose the responsive dynamics, sag, swing, and breakup of your choice from EL84s, 6V6s, EL34s, KT66s, 6L6s, or KT88s. You can create entirely new amp tones on the Silverline Standard when you blend your TVP and your ISF controls together to sculpt your signature sound.
Infinite Shape Feature (ISF)
The Blackstar Silverline Standard is packed with a massive variety of tube tone, thanks to Blackstar's patented Infinite Shape Feature (ISF). When turned fully counterclockwise, ISF lends an American characteristic to your amp choice, with a tight bottom end and a scooped midrange. Turned all the way to the right, you'll enjoy a more-common British mid-forward voicing. Paired with the onboard EQ, Blackstar's ISF makes the Silverline Standard a playground of great sounds.
10" Celestion VT-Junior speaker
The Silverline Standard's onboard Celestion VT-Junior - little brother to the Celestion V-Type - is a thrilling blend of golden-age musicality and modern handling and performance. Solo or mixed, the VT-Junior delivers a hefty kick and throaty punchy, with clarity, sparkle, and vintage-y goodness that will inject new life and excitement into your classic amps. Its 50-watt handling gives your Silverline Standard added headroom to stand up to high-octane rock heads and downtuned Delta blues.
Speaker-emulated stereo output
This output gives you the dimensional response of a miked-up cab
to facilitate streamlined gigging and recording. So whether you're
cranked onstage or whisper-quiet at practice, you've got the
freedom to perform and record without a microphone.
Endless inspiration awaits
The Silverline Standard's six selectable voices can be dialed in with EQ, power tube, and FX choices and saved to one of the amp's preset locations. These presets are then accessible via buttons on the amps control panel or via an optional footswitch. And if you've got a laptop nearby, then you're in for a world of tweakable tones and artist presets. The Silverline's USB connection grants you access to Blackstar's free INSIDER software for deeper editing, preset management and sharing, and even direct recording. If you've been searching for a giggable solution with real-deal tube amp looks and tones to match, the Blackstar Silverline Standard is well worth a look.
- 20W digital combo amp with 10" Celestion VT-Junior
- Styled after today's boutique tube amps
- Streamlined layout - no menu diving
- Powerful SHARC DSP
- 6 amps voicings: American cleans to British browns
- TVP technology lets you mix and match output tubes with amp models
- Speaker-emulated stereo output simplifies gigging and recording
- 3-band EQ, ISF shaping, and master resonance and presence open up worlds of tone shaping
- Access to endless tweaks and artist presets via the Blackstar INSIDER software
- MP3 input for jamming along to backing tracks
- USB connection for direct recording and preset management
- Type: Solid State
- Number of Channels: 4
- Total Power: 20W
- Speaker Size: 1 x 10"
- Reverb: Yes
- Effects: Modulation, Delay
- Amp Modeling: Variable Output Tube Modeling
- EQ: 3-band EQ, ISF Control, Resonance, Presence
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Outputs: 1 x 1/8" (out/headphones)
- USB: 1 x Type Mini-B
- Headphones: Yes
- Footswitch I/O: 1 x 1/4"
- Footswitch Included: No
- Computer Connectivity: USB
- Software: Blackstar INSIDER
- Construction Material: Birch Plywood
- Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 14.8"
- Width: 17.7"
- Depth: 9.3"
- Weight: 24.2 lbs.
If you've been searching for a giggable solution with real-deal tube amp looks and tones to match, the Blackstar Silverline Standard is well worth a look.