Bugera 1990I British Bite Infinim 120-Watt Tube Amplifier Head
You asked... We listened... Then we listened some more. Then we
gave the 1990I Infinium an even cooler look - with flawless
performance and better sound than ever!
The Infinium version of our highly-popular 1990 amp head allow you to switch between full-throttle pentode, or more harmonic triode (60-Watt) operating modes.
We gave the Clean and Lead channels individual Master volume and Reverb controls. We even added a dual-control footswitch that our competitors often charge extra for. Then we used our powerful economies of scale and advanced manufacturing practices, to produce a superb value that puts Biting British Tone within the reach of anyone who has ever lusted for it!
Classic All-Tube Design
The 1990I features true Class-A technology with a 3 x ECC83 front-end and a 4 x 5881 tube power stage. A masterfully crafted all-tube amplifier, the 1990 Infinium provides excellent '90s-style rock tone and natural tube compression, resulting in the outrageous distortion and break-up that launched America's grunge revolution.
The hand-selected ECC83 preamp tubes in this '90s-era preamp provide a raucous metal tone, for everything from sweetly-purring blues to mind-blowing crunch. The mighty 5881 power tube is typically used in high-end guitar amplifiers because of its greater distortion characteristic at lower output levels than other power tubes - and it harnesses every last drop of that power to awesome effect.
Infinium Tube Life Multiplier Technology
Our revolutionary Infinium Tube Life Multiplier technology is like having your very own technician inside your amp constantly monitoring and tweaking tube performance for the ultimate in tonal integrity and reliability. This revolutionary circuit not only optimizes the performance of each output tube, it dynamically balances the drive between them to more evenly distribute the load. With Infinium, your tubes last up to 20 times longer, saving you substantial money over the lifespan of your amplifier. It also compensates for the effects of aging, automatically adjusting current levels to keep your tubes sounding as good as the day they were installed.
If and when a tube does reach the end of its life, the system even tells you which one to replace. All you need do is replace the faulty tube and let Infinium take care of the rest for you. This all adds up to more consistent sound quality and longer life for your tubes. Maintenance for tube amps has never been this easy!
Adding to its impressive list of tone-shaping options, the high-definition Reverb puts the perfect finishing touch on your signature sound. Adjustable via the dedicated control on the front panel, you can finally achieve any sound you desire - from a subtle touch, to the cavernous, natural-sounding reverberation of a large arena.
Own the Tone
The amazing tone-palette begins with its footswitchable, 2-channel (Clean and Lead) preamp. Tone-sculpting options abound, including an onboard 3-band Vintage EQ section (Bass, Mid, Treble) with Presence control.
The output impedance selector allows you to match any external 4, 8 or 16-Ohm speaker setup. Plus, thanks to the 1990's Mode switch, which selects between Triode and Pentode operation, you can instantly jump from sweet and warm - to massively raucous high-gain edge.
You have all the tools you need, right out of the box! We include a heavy-duty footswitch for Channel and Reverb selection to give you easy and convenient control of your tone, right from your pedalboard - allowing you to focus on your performance.
Made to Last
Designed and engineered by Bugera Germany, the hand-built, this guitar amp head comes loaded with a trio of ECC83 preamp and four 5881 power tubes; 2 independent channels; High-Definition Reverb; a dual-function, heavy-duty footswitch - and a plethora of awesome signal-shaping options. You can experiment with a wide range of output tubes to create your own signature sound - in fact, you are free to mix and match them to your heart's content, thanks to the amp head's auto-biasing feature.
- Hand-built 120-Watt hi-gain amplifier driven by 4 x 5881 tubes (now fully compatible with 6L6 and EL34, etc.)
- Classic split channel preamp design (Clean, Lead) featuring 3 x ECC83 tubes for 90's metal rock tone
- Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb controls for each channel
- Revolutionary Infinium Tube Life Multiplier technology:
- Extends the life of your amplifier's expensive power tubes up to 20 times.
- Provides incredible reliability and consistent tone over the complete lifespan of your tubes
- No need for expensive matched tube sets
- Allows you to mix and match any combination of compatible tube types and brands
- Monitors performance of each power tube continuously and displays defective tubes to allow for easy and individual replacement
- Vintage Equalizer section with dedicated Bass, Mid, Treble and Presence controls
- Power switch to select between pentode or triode (60 Watt) operation
- FX Loop with dedicated Level control
- Frequency compensated Recording output
- Heavy-duty footswitch for Channel selection and Reverb included
- Impedance switch (4, 8 and 16 Ohms) to match virtually any speaker cabinet
- Country of Origin: China
- Tubes: 3x ECC83
- 1x Clean
- 1x Lead
- 1x 1/4" (6.35 mm)
- 1x Clean Gain knob
- 1x Lead Gain knob
- 1x Bass knob
- 1x Mid knob
- 1x Treble knob
- 1x Presence knob
- 1x Master Clean Volume knob
- 1x Master Clean Reverb knob
- 1x Master Lead Volume knob
- 1x Master Lead Reverb knob
- 1x Impedance Selector switch
- 1x Triode/Pentode Power Mode switch
- Footswitch: 1x 1/4" (6.35 mm) Input
- 1x 1/4" (6.35 mm) Send jack
- 1x 1.4" (6.35 mm) Return jack
- 1x Level knob
- 1x 1/4" (6.35 mm) Direct out
- 1x 1/4" (6.35 mm) Recording out
- Tubes: 4x 5881
- Output Power: 120 W or 60 W (switchable)
- Output Impedance: 4, 8, or 16 O (selectable)
- Outputs: 2x 1/4" (6.35 mm) Speaker out
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 27.2 x 9.6 x 12.2" (69.0 x 24.5 x 31.0 cm)
- Weight: 49.6 lb (22.5 kg)
Long life and impressive durability are ensured, thanks to the high-quality components and exceptionally-rugged construction found throughout.