Darkglass Electronics AO500 Alpha Omega 500-watt Bass Amplifier Head ao-500
The Darkglass AO500 Alpha-Omega 500 bass amplifier head takes the acclaimed Alpha-Omega amp to a new level of versatility.
In addition to the renowned Alpha-Omega overdrive/distortion engine, Alpha-Omega 500 adds a studio-quality VCA compressor, a flexible 6-band graphic EQ, and the ability to store three IR cabinet simulation presets for lifelike direct performance and recording. All this combined with 500 watts of amplification makes the Darkglass Alpha-Omega 500 bass amplifier head a comprehensive solution for both the stage and the studio.
Well-equipped for direct recording and performance
While it does offer an impressive 500 watts to push some serious air through a speaker cabinet, the Darkglass Alpha-Omega 500 amp head has everything you need for outstanding direct tones, too. Fitted with a rear-panel XLR DI output, it has memory for up to three IR cabinet simulations, and you can upload your own via USB.
Ample connectivity options for any type of bass rig
The Darkglass Alpha-Omega 500 has the flexibility you need to integrate with practically any bass rig. Dual speaker outputs offer 1/4-inch or speakON connectivity. A send/return loop makes it easy to integrate pedals and other effects processors. You can even optimize the Alpha-Omega 500's performance for any type of bass pickups, thanks to its Passive/Active input mode selector.
Your ideal practice companion
Whether you're waiting backstage before a performance or waiting for your turn in the studio, we know it pays to stay warmed up on your instrument. The Alpha-Omega 500 features a 3.5mm aux input for your smartphone, and a headphone output with its own volume control. Even with your rig fully set up, you can set up a private practice session to work on lines or simply jam along with your favorite tracks.
- 500W solid-state bass amplifier head
- Passive/Active switch optimizes performance for passive or active bass pickups
- Aux input and headphone output allow you to practice along with a music player
- Acclaimed Alpha-Omega drive engine allows you to dial in harmonic richness and sonic girth
- VCA compressor for controlling dynamics and fattening your tone
- 6-band EQ gives you powerful tone shaping options
- Memory for 3 IR cabinet simulations, uploadable via USB
- FX loop; Footswitch jack
- TS/speakON combo speaker output jack
- XLR DI output
- Type: Solid State
- Number of Channels: Single Channel
- Total Power: 500W Class D
- Effects: Distortion, Growl, Drive, Bite Compression: Yes
- EQ: 6-band Graphic EQ
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x XLR (direct out)
- Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 2.79"
- Width: 9.1"
- Depth: 7.1"
- Weight: 5.29 lbs.
- Country of Origin: Finland
The Alpha·Omega 500 is a 500W amplifier equipped with an all-analog preamplifier, two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega), a custom-designed Darkglass high-efficiency class D Module, an ultra-quiet graphic equalizer, and a digital impulse-response cabinet emulator for DI outputs or headphones.