Denon DJ SC 5000 M Prime Professional DJ Media Player with motorized platter sc-5000-m-prime-xus
Motorised platter, real 7" vinyl, and a 7" multi-touch display.
This product is now Compatible with Virtual DJ for the ultimate PRIME hardware experience.
The Denon DJ SC5000M is the latest addition to the Prime Series line up, bringing a motorized platter, legacy vinyl experience to DJs. Built on the interface and hardware of the multi-tech award winning SC5000 DJ media player, the 'M' (for 'Motorized') returns DJs home to the true vinyl feeling that is the very core of performance DJing.
The Legacy DJ Vinyl Experience - Redefined!
The die cast aluminum platter features ultra-high resolution (3600 ticks per rotation) performance accuracy rotated by a Brushless DC Electric motor, more powerful and capable than anything previously available on a pro DJ media player. The SC5000M also has an adjustable vinyl tension for slip/scratch control which blesses DJs with a true, mechanical spin under their fingertips, making music really feel alive!
Look. Touch. Play.
The SC5000M features the same industry disrupting creative performance technology of the SC5000 Prime with its 7-inch multi- touch, multi-gesture HD screen which brings the usage familiarity of today's touchscreen devices to the DJ. Track search, load, filtering and library navigation can be done fluidly with the sweep/tap of a finger, while simultaneously referencing essential DJ performance parameters, high resolution waveforms and beat-grid information.
Your Music Collection. Primed
With a multicore processor inside the unit, the SC5000M drives Engine Prime software which enables on-board track analysis without the need for a computer, plus the ability to import Rekordbox playlists, tracks, hot cues and loops. Using Denon DJ's free
Engine Prime music management software, DJs can also synchronize and integrate their iTunes, Serato DJ Pro and now Native Instruments Traktor collections too - again, importing playlists, track hot cues and loop information effortlessly.
Multi-Layers + Sonic Control Excellence
The SC5000M performance technology brings the power of two separate DJ media players, into one single and standalone unit. Mix and match beats, instrumentals or acapella's between independently outputted channels and throw 'instant-doubles' across layers, or to another player without the need for a connected laptop - flexibility and creative DJ expression is now literally limitless. The SC5000M also shares the other award-winning tech features of its SC5000 counterpart. These include a class- leading Timestretch algorithm for sonically controlled and key-locked extreme tempo changes plus of course the 8, expressive control trigger pads for hot-cue juggling, track remixing, looping, rolls and slicer.
The Past Becomes the Future
The appeal of the SC5000M Prime touches the hearts of DJs at all levels of experience, age and inquisitiveness into the essence of legacy vinyl performance. DJ A-listers, Turntablists and Pro/Industry luminaries have already 'hands-on' previewed the M's platter performance and their response has been unified that the legacy, DJ vinyl experience has truly come home.
Kenny 'Dope' Gonzalez ('Masters at Work', iconic House DJ)
"Wow! Denon has definitely brought the vinyl feeling back. This feels exactly like a turntable and it's a 7-inch platter too which brings me back to playing 45's as well. The players are great, lots of options like the dual-layer which is amazing because you only need two players to actually play four different records at any given time".
Whats New in V1.3.1?
Direct import of Rekordbox playlists, hot-cues and memory
Removing the fear of change for any cautious DJ, this new feature makes any time-invested, carefully curated Rekordbox collection (of any size) directly accessible within Engine Prime v1.3.1. A quick and easy import procedure makes it simple and fast to bring in Rekordbox playlists, songs, hot cues and memory loops, all in readiness for selected collection export to the SC5000M
Speed improvements to Serato, iTunes and Traktor imports
With digital music collections getting larger and a DJ's time becoming more valuable, Engine Prime v1.3.1's greatly increased import speed brings in your Serato DJ, NI Traktor and iTunes music collections faster than ever.
SC5000/M On-Screen Editing of Crates and Playlists
Crates and playlists can now be added, edited and removed directly on the SC5000M touchscreen without the need for a computer. DJs can now take advantgage of on-the-fly creation and manipulation of their music collections, live at a gig or during prep-time at the studio.
Musical Key Change and Key Sync feature for SC5000/M
Simple to use and fast to engage, DJ's can now effortlessly apply a musical key change to their tracks, up and down in single semitone increments. Instant, one button press key matching is also added and audio quality remains pristine at all frequencies. Standalone, harmonic DJ mixing is here!
New Search Filter criteria menu
SC5000M users can now search massive music collections with additional criteria, like 'Comments' and 'Date Added.' Song Lists can now also be sorted using these collection criteria additions.
Improved High Frequency response to track playback
Crisp and dynamic high-end frequency playback is ensured for DJs, who demand the very best audio reproduction and playback on today's mobile, club and festival sound systems. In addition, speed slider resolution is now adjustable in 0.01% BPM increments for ultimate, precise flexibility in the mix.
SoundSwitch StagelinQ Support
A new update to Denon DJs StagelinQ protocol enables full control over both simplistically automated or complex programmed lightshows as the SC5000M is now functionally integrated with SoundSwitch vs1.9
What's new in v1.3.2?
With new v1.3.2 firmware, Denon DJ's SC5000M motorized-platter media player now fully supports Serato DJ Pro control. With hands-on, real 7-inch vinyl performance, the extensive and creative power of Serato DJ Pro's effects and workflow experience is available to all DJs/Turntablists. The SC5000M's high-definition, full color touchscreen is the window to Serato's feature and library control, including the flexibility of a stunning, dual-view interface.
The Future is Now Switched On - Wi-Fi Enabled for Standalone
SC5000M's 1.4 update brings the global stream and entertainment platform TIDAL-the first of Denon DJ's premium content streaming partners. With access to over 60 million songs, standalone streaming with the TIDAL platform gives DJs a huge variety of music that will completely satisfy any crowd, dancefloor or event. DJs can easily access their personal TIDAL playlists and also follow the platform's own expertly-curated selections. With so many tracks and exclusive content across a massive variety of music styles, DJs will be prepared for any request at every conceivable gig - and it's all standalone within the Prime Series hardware.
This v1.4 Firmware update for the SC5000M hardware activates exciting new streaming performance innovations, marking a turning point in the history of DJ technology. Since TIDAL playback is standalone, with no laptop needed, all the DJ's music can be streamed using just the SC5000M unit. Update 1.4, also gives DJs the ability to preview tracks directly from the track list without having to load to a deck.
- Motorized platter with real 7-inch vinyl
- Adjustable vinyl tension for slip/scratch control
- 2 variable torque settings (low/high)
- Ergonomic platter design
- 7-inch HD display with multi-touch gestures
- 24-bit/96kHz digital audio outputs
- Dual-layer playback with individual audio outputs
- Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
- 8 multifunction trigger pads for cues, loops, slices and rolls
- Customizable RGB color around the platter
- (3) USB and (1) SD input for music playback
- LAN output to link to up to four players
- Includes Engine Prime music management software
- Easy to connect SC5000M to Serato DJ Pro using 'computer' mode
- Dual-view, touchscreen interface - 'Standard with Overview' + 'Large Library View'
- Fast switch touch selection between Library, Sort and View options
- Ultra-high-resolution scratching accuracy between SC5000M platter and Serato DJ Pro
- Seamless, quick switching back to SC5000M Standalone mode when required
- Serato/laptop communicates with SC5000M connected media and hard drives (Please note: SC5000M Serato control requires Serato DJ Pro v2.3.1)
- SC5000M Unit
- IEC Power Cable
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Ethernet Link Cable
- 2 Sets of Gold Plated Stereo RCA Cables
- Allen Wrench for Platter
- Display Cleaning Cloth
- Prime Series Poster
- Engine Download Card
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
- Drive: Brushless DC Electric
- High Torque: 3.3 kgf/cm (instant); 2.8 kgf/cm (stable)
- Low Torque: 1.6 kgf/cm (instant); 1.1 kgf/cm (stable)
- Starting Time: 0.5 seconds
- Braking System: Electronic
- Material: Aluminum die-cast
- Diameter: ф 203.5mm ±0.5mm
- Weight: 900g ±5%
- Analog Output: 2.0 Vrms (0 dBFS, 1kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 116dB
- Distortion (THD+N): < 0.0015%
- Frequency Range: 22-22,000Hz
- Digital Output - Sampling Rate: 96kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Type: SD/SDHC card USB mass-storage devices (flash memory, external HDD enclosures)
- File Systems: exFAT, FAT32 (recommended), HFS+ (read-only), NTFS (read-only)
- File Formats: AAC/M4A, AIF/AIFF (44.1-192kHz, 16-32-bit), ALAC, FLAC, MP3 (32-320kbps, VBR), MP4, Ogg Vorbis, WAV (44.1-192kHz, 16-32-bit)
- Size (diagonal): 7.0" / 178mm
- Dimensions (width x height): 6.0" x 3.6" / 152 x 91mm
- Type: Full-color LED-backlit display with touch-interface
- (2) RCA output pairs
- (2) coaxial digital outputs
- (1) 1/8" (3.5mm) mini TS input (remote start)
- (3) USB Type-A ports (for USB drives) (Rear-panel ports supply 900mA for USB 3.0 devices, 500 mA for USB 2.0 devices. Front panel
- port supplies 500 mA for USB 2.0 devices only.)
- (1) USB Type-B port (for computer connection)
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) Ethernet link port
- (1) IEC power input
- Connection: IEC
- Input Voltage: 110-240 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 320mm x 419mm x 135mm / 12.6" x 16.5" x 5.3"
- Weight: (with platter): 6.4kg / 14.08 lbs.
Enhance your Virtual DJ experience with 1:1 integration with Denon DJ's SC5000/M, SC6000/M, PRIME 4 and PRIME 2 - the world's most advanced DJ Hardware
Calling all DJs! The PRIME Series is now Virtual DJ compatible for the ultimate PRIME hardware experience. Fusing an ultra- intuitive touch-screen workflow, 1:1 feedback of all critical mix functions, direct control of audio and video FX, multi-color & monochrome moving waveforms, effortless browsing capability directly from the hardware, compete command of your mix with tactile performance-driven controls, and even a customizable user interface, enhancing your virtual DJ experience with the world's most advanced DJ Hardware couldn't be simpler.
About the SC5000M - Bring That Vinyl Feeling Home!
Denon DJ brought the world's first motor-driven, active platter to DJ media players back in 2003 with the DNS5000. Continuing its heritage of motorized media players, Denon DJ now introduces the SC5000M PRIME. The 'M' (for Motorized) is, at its core, an SC5000 PRIME DJ media player, already a (DJ Mag) multi-Tech Award winning unit, but now headlined with a 7-inch, real vinyl and adjustable torque motorized platter for a true mechanical spin beneath the fingertips.
This device is an update to the professional SC5000 Prime media player and offers DJs the perfect blend of old-school vinyl feel with the latest in cutting-edge performance technology.
Discontinued, B-stock and otherwise refurbished items have a limited warranty. Please see manufacturer for details.