Epiphone EGGPCHNHLH G-400 SG Standard Pro 6 String LH Electric Guitar-Cherry
Epiphone honors the historic SG, one of the most original designs in rock, with the EGGPCHNHLH G-400 PRO, which now features Alnico Classic PRO™ pickups and push/pull coil-splitting.
The original SG not only rivaled guitars of its own era for sonic variety but also proved to be a sign of things to come. Scores of rock, hard rock and metal guitarists embraced the original SG and made it a classic. Now, the G-400 PRO gives you the sound of a true SG without the vintage price tag and with the added tonal variety that you've come to expect from Epiphone.
The G-400 PRO is inspired by the late 60s era SGs, both a players and collectors favorite, and uses the same dimensions and build techniques as vintage SGs made in the Kalamazoo, Michigan, factory during that classic era. The solid, tone-rich mahogany carved body gives the guitar a balanced feel on stage and in the studio (unlike cheap imitations that tend to be neck-heavy). The new Wilkinson Vintage Classic tuners are also lighter weight, which makes your G-400 PRO feel perfectly balanced on stage and in the studio. The SlimTaper "D" profile mahogany neck has a 24.75" scale with 24 frets and a 12 radius for incredible reach thanks to the SGs classic cutaway. And for that one-of-a-kind SG feel, the G-400 has a rosewood fingerboard with a 1.68 nut and pearloid trapezoid inlays. The truss rod cover is the classic Kalamazoo bell shape with SG PRO in white.
Alnico Classic PR Power Pickups
Epiphone always finds a way to make improvements on our classic designs and the G-400 PRO is no exception. Now featuring Epiphone Alnico Classic PRO 4-wire humbuckers in the neck and bridge positions, the G-400 PRO offers a tonal palette that far exceeds any other guitar of its kind. The Alnico Classic PROs feature Alnico V magnets for terrific humbucker sustain with a huge dynamic range that can go from clean to crunch at a touch. And now, the G-400 PRO features coil-tapping on both pickups via a push/pull control on the pickups volume controls.
- Epiphone Alnico PROTM humbuckers
- Coil splitting via push/pull controls
- Historic SG design
- Body: mahogany
- Neck: mahogany, glued-in
- Scale: 24.75"
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper™ "D"
- Nut width: 1.68
- Fingerboard: trapezoid inlays
- Frets: 22, medium jumbo
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Trussrod cover: SG PRO
- Nut: black imitation bone (PVC)
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone Alnico Classic PRO™ 4-wire humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone Alnico Classic PRO™ 4-wire humbucker
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: LockTone™ Stopbar
- Epiphone all-metal 3-way pickup selector. Volume and tone controls feature full-size 500K O potentiometers
- Neck pickup volume with push/pull coil-splitting
- Bridge pickup volume with push/pull coil-splitting
- Neck pickup tone
- Bridge pickup tone
- Hardware: nickel
- Machine Heads: Epiphone Deluxe, 18:1 ratio
- Color: Cherry
- Typical Weight (+/- 5%): 6.8 lbs
- Strings: D'Addario® 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46
As with all Epiphones, the G-400 PRO includes a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
This product may contain certain woods that are managed by CITES international wood export treaties such as rosewood. Most finished musical instruments are exempt, however delivery times for shipments outside of Canada may be extended due to closer scrutiny at the border. Please contact us for details.