Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface with Mic Preamp scarlett-solo-3-rd-gen
It's so easy to make music with Focusrite's ScarlettSolo3rdGen USB audio interface!
Ideal for the singer-songwriter, the Scarlett Solo sports the
legendary Focusrite preamp as well as a crystal-clear DI for your
guitar, bass, or keys. Focusrite's unique gain halos make it easy
to control your levels, while the headphone jack, Direct Monitor
switch, and large volume dial make monitoring a breeze. For this
third-generation Scarlett Solo, Focusrite has not only raised the
bar with vanishingly low latency, 192kHz sample rates, optimized
preamp gain structure, and an instrument input that handles
scorching hot pickups; they also included the acclaimed Air circuit
from their legendary ISA console modules to give your voice and
instrument recordings a brighter, more open sound.
Optimized third-generation technology
The 3rd-generation Focusrite Scarlett Solo's exterior has undergone a sleek makeover. Under the hood, though, it's been tweaked and upgraded to deliver better sonics, lower latency, and enhanced ease of use. With sample rates up to 192kHz, you've got studio-grade sound you can take anywhere. Focusrite has added their renowned Air circuit to their already-amazing Scarlett mic preamp. The instrument input has also been re-engineered to handle the hottest active pickups. Lastly, Focusrite has wired analog protection circuitry across the Scarlett Solo's inputs and outputs, safeguarding your interface from damaging power surges.
Super-low latency for better performances
You know you perform better when you've got a great-sounding monitor mix with everything you need to hear to be inspired - for example, reverb and delay on a guitar solo. The Scarlett Solo's super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time, so you can hear your parts as you envision them and record better performances. But if you prefer the simplicity and convenience of monitoring your input direct with guaranteed low-latency, simply flip the Direct Monitor circuit switch.
Award-winning Focusrite preamp with Air
The Focusrite Scarlett Solo is equipped with a vibrant and pristine Focusrite preamp. For over 25 years, Focusrite's award-winning pres have proven their mettle in pro studios around the world. Focusrite ports their considerable design savvy into the transparent, low-noise, low-distortion preamp in the Scarlett Solo. This is the same technology found in Focusrite's flagship products, giving you gobs of available headroom to accommodate your dynamic, condenser and ribbon mics on any source, no matter how boisterous. Of course, you also get phantom power for your mics that require it. Add to that Focusrite's switchable Air mode, and you've got the sound that launched a thousand hits.
Keep an eye on your levels with intuitive halo indicators
Your mom always said to watch your levels. Well, perhaps she didn't, but you know you should - and the Focusrite Scarlett Solo makes it easy. The Solo's innovative halo indicators always let you know when you've got a healthy signal level for recording. If the halo is red, your signal is clipping, and you should back down your gain. The halo will momentarily turn amber as the level returns to a happy level - at which point it will turn green. Simple and intuitive, isn't it?
Exclusive software bundle gets you up and running fast
The Focusrite Scarlett Solo ships with a killer software bundle headlined by Ableton Live Lite and the Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative Pack. You also get Softube's Time and Tone Bundle, and the Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite.
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
Focusrite has also partnered with Splice to give 3rd-generation Scarlett owners a free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription when setting up their new Splice account. Splice Sounds offers millions of high-quality, royalty-free loops, one-shots, and presets, with new releases daily from your favorite sound designers, artists, and producers. Artists are using Splice to create all kinds of music, from chart-topping pop, and Grammy-winning albums, to underground mix tapes, and even cinematic scores.
NEW As of November 2021:
Focusrite Scarlett, the world's best-selling range of USB audio interfaces, has already helped make more records than any other range of interfaces in history. And now, Focusrite is giving new Scarlett owners the ability to record studio quality vocals, powerful guitars, luscious keyboard sounds and huge drums, then mix and master with iconic Focusrite studio hardware - all in the box.
We are excited to announce that every new Scarlett interface purchased and registered on or after October 1, 2021 now comes with the Hitmaker Expansion - an unbeatable range of tried-and-tested studio tools, with a value of over $1,800. These tools have been developed by some of the biggest names in the business, built to get your customers creating records right away.
Hitmaker Expansion - available to every new Focusrite interface user registering their unit after November 11th 2021 - is built to get you creating records immediately.
- High-performance 24-bit/192kHz converters
- Upgraded 3rd-generation Scarlett mic preamp
- Switchable Air mode gives your recordings a brighter, more open sound
- High-headroom instrument input for bass, guitar, or synths
- Unique, intuitive halo level indicators for optimized gain staging
- Super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time
- Direct Monitor circuit for monitoring your input with guaranteed low-latency
- Balanced TRS L/R monitor outputs with level control
- Headphone output with independent level control
- Quick Start tool gets you up and running fast
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription
- Included software bundle
- 2-year warranty
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 2 x 2 Number of Preamps: 1 x mic, 1 x instrument Phantom Power: Yes A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Analog Inputs: 1 x XLR (mic), 1 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4" TRS
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type USB-C
- Software: Ableton Live Lite, Pro Tools First Creative Pack, Red Plug-in Suite
- OS Requirements - Mac: macOS 10.12 or later
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 10 v1809 or later
- Bus Powered: Yes
- Power Supply: USB bus powered
Focusrite Hitmaker Expansion 3.0 - The MASSIVE Update
Hitmaker Expansion is carefully curated to give music makers a great selection of software whether they're just getting started, or already on their journey. Whether it's a Solo or 2i2 customer looking to get great guitar and vocal sounds, or an 18i20 customer who wants powerful production plugins - Hitmaker Expansion has our customers covered.
We continually evaluate usage and redemption of the plugins
offered to Focusrite customers and we're excited to reveal that
Native Instruments® is joining the Hitmaker Expansion roster with
their legendary MASSIVE synth, bringing a huge range of dramatic
synth sounds and over 1,300 presets. MASSIVE was previously
included in the Plugin Collective and was a huge hit, so its
inclusion here is sure to generate demand.
Also joining the Hitmaker Expansion bundle is our own FAST Balancer. This popular plugin uses powerful AI to instantly improve a busy mix, with simple but effective controls.
Hitmaker Expansion 3.0 Changes:
- Native Instruments® MASSIVE now included
- FAST Balancer now included
All the other great plugins remain as is. Full content list:
- Native Instruments® MASSIVE
- FAST Balancer
- Antares® Auto-Tune® Access
- Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC
- Focusrite Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
- Relab LX480 Essentials
- Softube® Marshall® Silver Jubilee 2555
- XLN Audio® Addictive Keys
- XLN Audio® Addictive Drums 2: Studio Rock Kit
The Scarlett Solo G3 delivers the pro-quality sound you need - at a price you'll love. Plug in, fire up the bundled software, and you're ready to rock.
2 year warranty against manufacturer defect