Guild Starfire V Newark Series 6-String RH Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar with Tremolo and Humidified Hard Case-Cherry Red 379-2205-866
Get the feel and style of a popular 1960s Starfire model, with a Guild Newark St. Series Starfire V semi-hollowbody electric guitar.
This thinline guitar is incredibly comfortable to play, especially if you're more at home on a standard electric guitar. And the Starfire V's tone is as distinct as its looks, with a pair of LB-1 "Little Bucker" pickups with their own tone and volume controls to fine-tune your sound. What's more, the Starfire V offers the smooth bending and vintage vibe you'll only get from a real Guild vibrato tailpiece.
Based on a classic Guild hollowbody
Based on the Starfire from the '60s, this Guild Starfire V semi-hollowbody packs all the mojo that made the original such a popular guitar during the rock revolution. Dual humbuckers and the thinline design make this guitar as ready for rock as it is for country or blues.
3-piece neck for long-lasting playability
Multi-piece necks are stronger and more rigid than single-piece necks, resisting twisting and warping over the years. Treat it well, and you'll get a lifetime of exceptional playability from the Guild Starfire V semi-hollowbody.
Wide-ranging tone from a pair of humbucking pickups
The Guild Starfire IV is outfitted with a pair of smaller, hum-canceling LB-1 "Little Bucker" pickups. Originally designed in the 1960s, the Little Buckers were an alternative to single-coil pickups. The output sits somewhere between a single-coil and a vintage-style PAF humbucker, offering more jangle than a PAF, but a little more warmth than a traditional single-coil. Factor in the 3-way pickup selector, and you'll discover how good the Starfire IV can sound in just about any genre.
- Thinline semi-hollowbody based on the '60s Guild Starfire
- LB-1 pickup serves up rich, vintage-style tones
- Exceptional tone and looks from laminated mahogany back, sides, and top
- 3-piece mahogany/maple/mahogany neck for long-term playability
- Guild vibrato tailpiece lets you pull off smooth bends
- Grover Sta-Tite tuners give you excellent tuning stability
- Hard case included
- Body Type: Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape: Doublecut
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Laminated Mahogany
- Top Material: Arched Laminated Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: Cherry Red
- Neck Material: 3-piece Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Vintage Soft "U"
- Radius: 9.45"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid dots
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Guild Tune-O-Matic with Rosewood Base and Guild Vibrato Tailpiece
- Tuners: Grover Sta-Tite die-cast tuners
- Neck Pickup: Guild LB-1 humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Guild LB-1 humbucker
- Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Strings: D'Addario EXL115, (.011-.049)
- Case Included: Hardshell
Bring back the '60s-rock vibe with the Guild Starfire V!
This product may contain certain woods that are managed by CITES international wood export treaties such as rosewood. Most finished musical instruments are exempt, however delivery times for shipments outside of Canada may be extended due to closer scrutiny at the border. Please contact us for details.
Limited Lifetime Warranty - Guild Guitars warrants Guild instruments to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original retail purchaser, except that pickups, switches, jacks, controls, all other electronic components, tuning machines, hardware, pickguards, plated surfaces, cases and case hardware are warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. This warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser when this instrument is purchased as new from an Authorized Guild Dealer