Hartke LX8500 800W Hybrid Bass Amplifier Head ha-lx-8500
The Hartke LX8500 is a compact 800 watt amplifier designed for the big gig.
For the ultimate in punchy tone, compact gigability, and brute power, the LX8500 rocks a hybrid topology with a classic 12AX7 tube preamp section and Class D output circuitry. Onboard is Hartke's acclaimed Tone Stack EQ with Bass, Treble, and comprehensive midrange control, which allows you to dial in the perfect tone for any musical setting, while the Drive control mixes in the ideal amount of grit. It's also equipped with compression and two footswitch jacks for engaging Drive, Brite, the Effects Loop, and the Frequency parameter. It's all packed neatly into a sleek, lightweight chassis with a cool built-in handle. Any way you slice it, the Hartke LX8500 is an incredible value.
The famous Hartke Tone Stack
Nail any bass guitar tone instantly with Hartke's renowned Tone Stack EQ. Designed for rich bass tone and flexibility, the LX8500 provides the familiar bass and treble controls as well as Frequency and Shape knobs for extensive control over midrange frequencies. In addition, the "Brite" button can be engaged to boost high frequencies, bringing out the singing top end of your bass, along with natural harmonic overtones for a distinctively vivid, modern sound.
Drive and Compression
The LX8500 includes two must-have effects that will enhance your playing and expand your tonal palette. The onboard Drive control lets you dial in tube harmonic distortion for a tasteful amount of added grit, fully fuzzed-out drive - and all points in between. Compression is a food group for bassists, and the Hartke LX8500 has you covered with an easy-to-use, yet highly effective one-knob compressor that adds presence and punch to your attack for fat bass lines that sit perfectly in the track, while smoothing out transients for slap and pop techniques.
Full professional I/O
Lightweight enough to bring anywhere and versatile enough to use with any setup, the Hartke LX8500 is a perfect bass amplifier for stage, studio, and practice room. An XLR direct out with pre- and post-EQ settings lets you connect directly to a PA or recording console. The 1/8-inch headphone jack is great for silent practice sessions while 1/8-inch aux input can be used to connect your smartphone or MP3 player and play along with your favorite tracks. In addition, Hartke includes two TRS footswitch jacks for engaging Drive, Brite, the Effects Loop, and the Frequency parameter.
- 2AX7 tube preamp section; Class D output
- 800 watts of continuous power into 4 ohms
- Tone Stack EQ with Bass, Treble, and Midrange Shape and Frequency Controls
- "Brite" button for added treble presence
- Onboard Drive and Compression
- 2 TRS footswitch jacks for engaging Drive, Brite, Effects Loop, and Frequency parameter
- 1/4-inch Input jack compatible with active and passive basses
- 1/4-inch Effects Send/Return jacks, 1/8-inch Aux Input, 1/8-inch Headphone Out, 1/4-inch Tuner Out
- Balanced XLR Direct Output with Pre/Post-EQ switch
- Output Mute switch
- Type: Hybrid
- Number of Channels: Single Channel
- Total Power: 800W Class D
- Compression: Yes
- EQ: Tone Stack Bass, Treble, Shape, Frequency
- Preamp Tubes: 1 x 12AX7
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (aux)
- Outputs: 1 x SpeakON, 1 x XLR (direct out), 2 x 1/4" (tuner, speaker)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/8"
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Footswitch I/O: 2 x 1/4" (Drive/FX, Brite/Frequency)
- Footswitch Included: No
- Cooling System: Internal Fan, Side Air Vents
- Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 3"
- Width: 14"
- Depth: 12"
- Weight: 8.5 lbs.
If you're looking for an affordable professional 800-watt bass amp head that can ace any stage gig or studio session, give the Hartke LX8500 a try.
2 Year Manufacturer's Defect Warranty on Hartke Products.