Ibanez GB10EMAA George Benson Signature 6-String RH Hollowbody Guitar - Antique Amber gb-10-em-aa
George Benson is the definitive modern jazz guitarist, and the Ibanez GB10EM is his weapon of choice.
This classic jazz box boasts a linden body, chosen for its combination of growling warmth and defined attack. A spruce top ensures maximum resonance and resistance to feedback. Plug the GB10EM into your favorite amp, and you'll enjoy a clean response and clear articulation that are tailor-made for fast melodies and complex chord progressions, courtesy of a set of floating Magic Touch-Mini humbuckers.
This hollowbody electric feels great, too, thanks to its easy-playing walnut-capped nyatoh neck. A walnut bridge and VT14 tailpiece ensure rock-solid stability, while a wood tailpiece cover maintains the guitar's aesthetics. If you want to achieve George Benson's bluesy, soulful grit (no small feat there), the GB10EM is a great place to start.
Select tonewoods for sweet, sustained notes
The GB10EM is a looker, for sure. But it's not just made for the showcase; this performer has pipes, thanks to specially chosen tonewoods used in its construction. It features a spruce top that resonates beautifully but also helps reduce feedback, so your music comes through with minimal distortion. Beyond that, the GB10EM's linden back and sides exude a warm growl with truckloads of definition, and that walnut bridge isn't just attractive; it improves sustain so every note sings out at full strength with endurance in spades.
Magic Touch-Mini humbucking pickups serve up expressive tone
The Ibanez George Benson Signature GB10EM boasts a set of Magic Touch-Mini humbuckers. These pickups are mounted to the guitar's pickguard, enabling them to float above its top. This ensures that they don't dampen the guitar's natural body vibration, resulting in a rich, larger-than-life acoustic tone. The pickups themselves serve up a balance of classic tones. They're chock-full of clean response and clear articulation, which permits you to perform fast melodies and complex chord progressions with razor-sharp precision.
GB neck yields smooth feel and comfortable action
The neck of any guitar determines how well it plays, which is why Ibanez selected the GB neck - George Benson's choice shape for smooth and comfortable action - for the GB10EM. Not only will your hand love the comfortable carve of this nyatoh neck, but your fingers will appreciate the beautifully bound walnut fingerboard.
- Signature hollowbody electric guitar of legendary jazz musician George Benson
- Linden body exudes a warm growl with truckloads of definition
- Spruce top resonates beautifully and helps reduce feedback
- Floating Magic Touch-Mini humbuckers are chock-full of clean response and clear articulation
- Comfortable nyatoh neck offers incredible hand-filling playability
- Bound walnut fretboard feels smooth and looks amazing
- Set-in neck construction ensures maximum sustain
- Rock-solid walnut bridge and VT14 tailpiece with nice-looking wood tailpiece cover
- Tasteful acrylic block fingerboard inlays and attractive chrome hardware
- Body Type: Hollowbody
- Body Shape: George Benson Signature
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Linden
- Top Material: Spruce Body F
- inish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: Antique Amber
- Neck Material: Nyatoh
- Neck Shape: GB
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Bound Walnut
- Fingerboard Inlay: Acrylic Blocks
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Walnut Bridge with Wood Covered GB10EM Tailpiece
- Tuners: Ibanez Machine Heads
- Neck Pickup: Magic Touch-Mini Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Magic Touch-Mini Humbucker
- Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup swtich
- Strings: .011-.050
This hollowbody guitar's set-in construction really maximizes its sustain.