The Ibanez Gary Willis Signature Series GWB1005NF is a
five-string electric bass styled in a natural flat finish.
Along with a double-cutaway swamp ash body that enhances sustain, the bass sports a three-piece maple neck and fretless, 34"-scale ebony fingerboard. To aid you in achieving proper intonation, the bass gives you offset white dot inlays.
A single Bartolini GWB bridge pickup is provided to give you Garry Willis' signature jazzy tone. This pickup sports two coils for an even timbre. You can tweak the passive pickup by means of a concentrically-stacked two-band EQ, which provides cuts and boosts in the bass and treble ranges. This circuit can be bypassed thanks to a push-pull switch in the volume knob. A standard bridge with 16.5mm spacing secures strings to the body, while at the headstock you'll find Gary's signature, distinctive, and stylish machineheads.
The detachable finger ramp, designed by Gary Willis, encourages players to not dig in too deep, and allows a more consistent attack with quick recovery time.
Swamp Ash Body
Swamp ash body provides an exceptionally open sound.
Bartolini GWB Pickup with NTBT 2-Band EQ
A curved Bartolini pickup in the bridge position provides separate coils for precise string balance, while a 2-band EQ allows you to boost and cut the bass and treble frequencies; this EQ can be bypassed
- Single Bartolini GWB Pickup Delivers Signature Tones
- Bartolini NTBT 2-Band EQ & EQ Bypass Switch
- Swamp Ash Body & Fretless Ebony Fingerboard
- Equipped with Gary's Custom Finger Ramp & Tuners
- Built in Japan & Includes Durable Hardshell Case
- Neck Type: GWB / 3pc Maple neck
- Top/Back/Body: Swamp Ash body
- Fretboard: Ebony fingerboard/Off-set white dot inlay
- Fret: Fretless
- Bridge: Std. bridge (16.5mm string spacing)
- Bridge Pickup: Bartolini® GWB bridge pickup/Passive
- Equaliser: Bartolini® NTBT 2-band EQ w/Eq bypass switch (push/pull)
- Factory Tuning 1G, 2D, 3A, 4E, 5B
- String Gauge:.045/.065/.085/.105/.135
- Hardware Color: Black
- Country of Origin: Japan
This bass ships with an included hardshell case.