Korg Keyboards D1-WH 88-Key Digital Stage Piano with Pedal-White
The white D1 88-Key Digital Stage Piano with Pedal from Korg is a lightweight keyboard designed without built-in speakers to keep it slim and portable for gigging classical, jazz, rock, or funk players.
It can be used when paired with powered speakers or headphones (both available separately) to deliver the playing feel of a grand piano for rehearsal, home, live stage, and recording applications.
The D1 keyboard features a weighted hammer-action RH3 keybed and a rich variety of 30 sounds. In order to achieve the playing feel, the sound switches between four piano samples depending on the dynamics of your performance. From a delicate touch to dynamic fortissimo, the sound responds realistically to your playing.
In addition to the grand piano sounds, the electric piano sounds reproduce your playing touch with authentic key-off noise. Six variations are built in, covering sounds often used in the popular music of the '60s and '70s, as well as tones that are treasured in soul music. Other sounds include organ, clavi sounds, and even vibraphone, acoustic guitar, and strings. Finally, a music rest, AC adapter, and damper pedal are also included.
High-Quality RH3 Keybed
The D1 features a real weighted hammer action 3 (RH3) keybed that reproduces the touch of a grand piano, where the low notes are heavier and the action becomes lighter as you play toward the higher notes, for a natural-feeling touch and weight.
The chassis construction has a structure and design that slims the body to a depth of approximately 10.24", the minimum depth that still allows enjoyable playing. Even though the D1 features a full-fledged weighted keybed, it's highly mobile and can be carried anywhere.
Thirty High-Quality Sounds
The D1 contains a total of 30 richly expressive sounds which include not only a variety of piano sounds to cover genres such as classical, jazz, and pop, but also electric piano, organ, and clavi sounds that will be useful on stage. Sounds such as vibraphone, acoustic guitar, and strings are also on hand.
The Concert Piano, Grand Piano, and Jazz Piano sounds reproduce damper resonance, realistically simulating the spacious resonance produced by the sympathetic vibration of the strings when you hold down the damper pedal of an acoustic piano.
The D1 also simulates the decay of the sound when you take your finger off a key and the way in which your playing technique affects the string resonance, responding to staccato or legato in a natural way that further enhances the expressiveness of your performance.
Line Out Jacks, and MIDI In/Out Connectors
The keyboard provides the external connection jacks that you'll need on stage. The standard-sized line out jacks can be connected directly to amplified speakers, a mixer, or to recording equipment. MIDI In/Out connectors are also provided. You can connect these via a MIDI interface to your computer and use the D1 as a MIDI keyboard or as a piano sound module.
In the Box:
- Korg D1 88-Key Digital Stage Piano with Pedal (White)
- AC Adapter
- Music Rest
- Damper Pedal
- Keyboard: 88 key (A0-C8), RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3) Keyboard
- Touch Controls: 5 Types
- Pitch: Transpose, Fine Tuning
- Temperament: 9 Types
- Sound Generation: Stereo PCM
- Maximum Polyphony: 120 Voices Maximum
- Sounds : 30 (10 x 3 Banks)
- Effects: Brilliance, Reverb, and Chorus (3 Levels Each)
- Demo Songs: 30 Demo Songs: 10 x Sound Demo Songs, 20 x Piano Demo Songs
- Metronome: Tempo, Time Signature, Accent, Sound, and Volume Controls
- Pedal Control: 1/4" / 6.3 mm Damper Pedal Input (Half-Pedaling Supported)
- Connections: Line Out: 1/4" / 6.3 mm (L/Mono, R)
- MIDI: 2 x 5-pin DIN (In, Out)
- Headphones: 1/8" / 3.5 mm Stereo Jack (Front)
- Built-In Speakers: None
- Controls: Power, Volume, Piano Song, Transpose, Function, Touch, Brilliance, Reverb, Chorus, Bank, Sound x 10, +, -, Metronome
- Power Supply: DC 9 VAC Adapter
- Power Consumption: 1.5 W
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 52.2 x 10.4 x 5.0" / 132.7 x 26.3 x 12.8 cm (without Music Stand), 52.2 x 14.8 x 12.9" / 132.7 x 37.5 x 32.8 cm (with Music Stand)
- Weight: 35.3 lb / 16.0 kg
For players interested not only in classical, but also jazz, rock, or funk, the convenience of being able to play in a practice room plus the mobility to take the Korg D1 Digital Piano anywhere is key.