Mackie DL16-S 16-Channel Wireless Digital Live Sound Rack Mixer with Pro Tools First Software
Put a Mackie DL16S in your rack, and you can mix from anywhere.
Now comes bundled with Pro Tools® | First software valued at $500USD.
All you need is an iPad and Mackie's Master Fader control app. 16 great-sounding Onyx+ mic preamps and onboard FX ensure a great-sounding performance. The DL16S also functions as a 16-in/16-out USB interface, so you can record the show then mix it later in the studio. You can also play back a full multitrack recording for a virtual sound check. The DL16S supports up to 20 iPads at once, so multiple engineers can work from one mixer. And with built-in Wi-Fi networking and instant recall of every setting, setup is a snap. The DL16S gets you into your mix like never before.
Control everything from anywhere with wireless mixing
Leave that bulky snake at home! Because you can control the Mackie DL16S with your iPad, you can place it anywhere. Even if the DL16S is onstage, you can walk around the venue to fine-tune your mix. It's a great way to ensure optimal sound quality for every member of your audience. And because the DL16S supports up to 20 iPads at once, multiple engineers can work from one DL16S. You can even set up personal mixes for each performer that are tweakable via any iOS device. Back in the day, you would have needed miles of cable and a pile of submixers to pull off this much signal routing. But with the DL16S in your rack, all you need is an iPad and your fingers!
All your connections are covered
With the Mackie DL16S in your live rig, you'll never run short of I/O. Providing you with 16 stereo-linkable input channels, 8 fully assignable XLR outputs, and 16 great-sounding Onyx+ mic preamps, the DL16S has your I/O needs covered. On top of that, you also get 13 output buses, 6 stereo-linkable aux sends, 6 stereo-linkable subgroups, a Main L/R bus, and a headphone output. And best of all, the DL16S gives you total recall of your settings!
Integrated USB 2.0 audio interface
One of the Mackie DL16S's most useful features is multitrack recording and playback. Use the DL16S as an audio interface to record straight to your DAW. Play intermission music, backing tracks, and more. Play back your full multitrack recording for a virtual sound check. You can also use your DAW's audio plug-ins in a live environment. The DL16S is a value-packed, high-channel-count studio recording solution.
Create polished, professional-sounding mixes
Packed with DSP, the Mackie DL16S gives you 16 input channels with a 4-band parametric EQ, highpass filter, noise gate, and compression, as well as 13 output buses with a 4-band parametric EQ, highpass and lowpass filters, 31-band graphic EQ, compressor/limiter, and alignment delay. On top of that, you also get onboard delay, reverb, and modulation effects. With four stereo FX processors with dedicated sends and returns, full I/O routing with A/B sources per channel, and modern and vintage options for each processor, churning out polished, pro-quality mixes is no problem.
A large-format console in the palm of your hand
The Mackie DL16S supplies 16 channels of powerful digital mixing. You get wireless control over everything, including its processing and routing, via Mackie's Master Fader control app. The DL16S is tailor-made for live sound engineers who demand flexible wireless mixing. So, whether you work in a theater, house of worship, or concert hall - if you're serious about live sound, you owe it to yourself to check out the DL16S.
Due to a new partnership with Avid, Mackie is now offering Pro Tools® | First plus the exclusive Musician Collection™ featuring a unique bundle of 23 Avid plug-ins, including the legendary 304C Compressor and 304E EQ bundle, with select Mackie products. In addition, the popular Waveform™ OEM software and 16 plug-in DAW Essentials Collection™ is still included with select Mackie products. This complete software package is valued at over $500 USD making Mackie products an incredible value to end users.
The Musician Collection is full of great-sounding plug-ins that are perfect for guitar, bass, vocals, drums, and more. The extensive list of plug-ins includes the renowned 304E EQ and 304C Compressor, Eleven Lite, and Studio Reverb plus fun pedal plug-ins like Black Op Distortion, Gray Compressor, and Green JRC Overdrive.
"Mackie hardware has long been essential to all facets of music production, as evidenced by Mackie products playing a part in the personal studios of most Avid employees involved in audio," remarks Ed Gray, Director, Partnering Programs for Avid. "We are excited to bring new Mackie hardware customers into the world of Pro Tools to see what we can accomplish together with this compelling offering."
Mackie will continue to include the popular multi-award-winning Waveform™ OEM bundle that includes their DAW Essentials Collection™ featuring 16 professional plug-ins with select products.
"Software is essential for modern musicians and content creators," says Redmon, "and with two complete software packages included in our products, Mackie users will get incredible value and choice right out of the box."
- Ample I/O including 16 stereo-linkable input channels, 8 fully assignable XLR outputs, 13 output buses, 6 stereo-linkable aux sends, 6 stereo-linkable subgroups, a Main L/R bus, and a headphone output
- 16 recallable Onyx+ mic preamps deliver top-notch sound
- Wireless mixing allows you to take control of your mix via an iPad
- Tweak your mix, processing, and routing from anywhere in the venue
- Built-in Wi-Fi networking and instant recall ensure easy setup
- Supports up to 20 iPads at once to accommodate multiple engineers
- 4 onboard FX processors with dedicated sends and returns create polished, professional-sounding mixes
- 16-in/16-out USB interface for recording straight to your DAW
- Play intermission music, backing tracks, and more
- Play back your full multitrack recording for a virtual sound check
- Use your DAW's audio plug-ins in a live environment
- Type: Digital Stage Box Mixer
- Channels: 16 input channels, 32 mixing channels
- Inputs - Mic Preamps: 8 x XLR, 6 x XLR-1/4" combo, 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line/Hi-Z)
- Outputs - Main: 2 x XLR (L/R, assignable), 6 x XLR (assignable)
- Aux Sends: 6 x Stereo Sends
- Busses/Groups: 6 x Stereo Sub Groups, 13 x Output Busses, 6 x Mute Groups
- Data I/O: 1 x RJ45 (external control)
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Computer Connectivity: USB (16 x 16), Wi-Fi
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- EQ Bands: 4-band Parametric EQ, Highpass Filter
- Effects: 4 x Stereo FX Processors, Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flange
- Signal Processing: Gate, Compressor
- Software: Master Fader Control App
- Dimensions: 14.1" L x 5.8" D x 5.6" H
- Weight: 6.2lbs