Roli LIGHTPAD-BLOCK-M-SE Blocks Series Super Powered Electronic Drum Pad and MIDI Controller light-pad-block-m-se
Compatible with other products in the block series to make a versatile MIDI collection.
The Roli Lightpad Block Studio Edition (LIGHTPAD-BLOCK-M-SE) lets you make beats in a way that was never possible before. The Lightpad Block lets you bend and shape drums and build your tracks, all at the touch of a finger. Now with ROLI Studio software.
The new way to make beats:
- LED-illuminated surface for playing and producing
- 5D Touch technology for intuitive sound shaping
- Includes ROLI Studio Drums, the world's first MPE drums plugin
- 100s of MPE sounds in ROLI Studio for desktop
- Connects to other Blocks with magnetic connectors
- Lightweight and fits in one hand
Make every movement musical
Shape your sound on a soft, touch-responsive surface. From bending drums to shaping acoustic melodies, you'll create your tracks more expressively with Five Dimensions of Touch: Strike, Glide, Slide, Press, and Lift.
A brighter way to play and produce
LED illumination makes Lightpad Block more versatile than any other pad controller. Instantly reprogram it for a variety of playing and production modes.
- Drums: Play beats on a 4x4 grid in ROLI Studio Drums
- Melodies: Play melodies and chords on a 5x5 grid in ROLI Studio Player
- Effects: Take control of up to 4 effects slots simultaneously in ROLI Studio Player and ROLI Studio Drums
- Macros: Control 3 macros for every preset in ROLI Studio Player and ROLI Studio Drums
- Smart Chords: Control every parameter of ROLI Studio Player's Smart Chords feature and adjust strum
- Arpeggios: Create complex arpeggios with the intuitive Multi-Layered Arpeggiator in ROLI Studio Player
- Logic Pro: Play instruments, adjust macros, mix volume and more in Logic Pro and GarageBand with a custom ROLI Dashboard mode
- Ableton Live: Launch clips, play instruments and navigate around your track in Ableton Live with a custom ROLI Dashboard mode
Reimagine your sound with ROLI Studio
Transforming the Lightpad Block, ROLI Studio is a new desktop software suite of industry-leading sounds, effects and production tools:
- 2 plugins: ROLI Studio Drums & ROLI Studio Player
- 500+ sounds, including 300+ MPE sounds
- Presets from Equator, Cypher2, Strobe2 synths
- Expansive audio effects and macros
- Groundbreaking production tools like Smart Chords
- Intuitive, easily navigable interfaces
Introducing ROLI Studio Drums
MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) comes to drums for the first time in a plugin that revolutionizes beat-making.
- Bend and warp drums sounds with 5D Touch
- Create grooves instantly with intuitive gestures
- Adjust up to 4 audio effects simultaneously
Play melodies with Roli Studio Player
Go beyond drums, and enrich your track with melodic sounds. Roli Studio Player includes 200+ synth, acoustic and hybrid-acoustic presets that you can shape expressively.
Tools for composing and producing faster
ROLI Studio has groundbreaking tools for producing tracks more creatively.
Smart Chords: suggest chords with every note you play in ROLI Studio Player
Multi-Layered Arpeggiator: create rhythmic sequences with 3 arp layers in ROLI Studio Player
Macros and effects: adjust your sound in real time with 3 macro controls and 4 effects slots
An array of supporting software
ROLI Studio is at the center of a vast array of software tools that come with Lightpad Block Studio Edition.
FULL license to Strobe2, the acclaimed synth from FXpansion. Includes 1100+ classic synth sounds, plus an analogue modelling engine for creating your own.
Ableton Live Lite
Turn your Lightpad Block into a controller for Ableton Live Lite, the renowned DAW. A custom ROLI Dashboard integration lets you play instruments, launch clips and navigate around your track on the illuminated Lightpad surface.
Take control of DAWs and plugins with your Blocks. ROLI Dashboard gives you everything you need to configure BLOCKS for your workflow, including custom apps for Logic Pro, Ableton Live and GarageBand.
Your gateway to music production. The ROLI Connect cloud platform lets you manage your Blocks, download your software suite, and more.
Push the limits of musical creativity with a 6 month free trial of Max MSP, a free-form environment for plug-in development.
A Block that slots into your workflow
It's easier than ever to enhance any project, and improve your workflow with Lightpad Block.
ROLI Studio: load ROLI Studio Player and ROLI Studio Drums as plugins in your DAW, or as standalone apps
ROLI Dashboard: customize your Block to control DAW features and your favorite software tools
Expands in a snap
Lightpad Block is part of an award-winning system of modular controllers. Expand in a snap through magnetic connectors.
- Connect up to 4 Lightpads, and assign each to different functions
- Connect to Seaboard Block, and control your performance in real time via the Lightpad Block
- Connect to Live Block for faster control of performance and production parameters
For studio, stage and anywhere in between
Compact, lightweight, and super-powered, Lightpad Block works anywhere you make your music.
- Perform on stage, and light up your sound for the crowd
- Produce in the studio, on an ultra-compact controller
- Transport it easily, and play anywhere
- Lightpad Block.
- ROLI Studio.
- Ableton Live Lite.
- ROLI Dashboard.
- ROLI Connect.
- Max MSP License (Six Months).
- USB-C to USB-A Cable.
- Quick Start Guide.
- One Year Full Warranty.
- Width: 94mm (3.7 inches).
- Height: 21.8mm (0.86 inches).
- Depth: 94mm (3.7 inches).
- Weight: 260g (0.57 pounds).
- 4 hour battery life.
- 2 hour charge time.
- USB-C port (MIDI out and power).
- Full MIDI compatibility over USB and Bluetooth LE.
- 8 DNA connectors.
- Power: USB / DNA Input Voltage: 5.0V ± 0.2V DC
- Bluetooth: 15 meter Bluetooth range. Mac OSX only.
- Mac OSX 10.13+.
- Windows 10+.
- Intel Dual Core i5 2.5GHz+.
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM recommended).
- 2 GB hard drive space.
- Internet connection to register/download software.
Use on its own, or connect up to 4 Lightpads together for multiple functions at the same time.
One Year Full Warranty.
Limited One Year Warranty For Hardware
For Hardware purchased in the United States and where otherwise permitted by law, ROLI warrants the Hardware will be free of defects in materials and manufacture under normal use for one year (“Limited One Year Warranty”). The Limited One Year Warranty term begins on the date of purchase from an authorized ROLI reseller; and proof of purchase in the form of a receipt may be required.