Supro 1697R Galaxy 2-channel 50W 1x12" Tube Guitar Amplifier Combo 1697-r
The Supro Galaxy 1697R is a 50-watt channel-switching tube amp, designed to deliver more clean tone and more tube overdrive than any Supro ever made.
The Galaxy amplifier combines the cleanest Supro preamp channel from our pedal-friendly Keeley model, with a Zinky-designed overdrive channel that has more than enough gain to seamlessly transition from the edge of breakup into complex tube saturation and sustain-without sacrificing dynamics or losing tonal balance at stage volume.
The Galaxy amplifier's all-tube signal path includes footswitchable solo boost and buffered FX loop functions, as well as a six-spring reverb that can be assigned to one or both preamp channels. The unique gain structure, world-class reverb, advanced switching options and low-impedance FX loop capabilities found in the Galaxy deliberately move Supro into the realm of boutique American tube amps, pioneered by Randall Smith, Paul Rivera and Alexander Dumble.
The Galaxy clean channel is optimized for clean tone and maximum headroom. Derived from our best-selling Keeley Custom amplifier model, this pristine preamp delivers warm, balanced tone that can get very loud without distorting. The crystal clear sound of the Galaxy is specifically designed for players who want to use effects pedals and drop-tuned guitars while retaining a firm, fat bottom punch and crystal-clear top end across the entire fretboard.
The Galaxy Overdrive channel comes fully loaded with independent Gain, 3-band EQ and Master Volume controls that allow precise frequency contouring and level matching with the robust clean channel. The result of a decade-long collaboration between Supro president David Koltai and legendary tube amp designer Bruce Zinky, the Galaxy Overdrive channel uses multiple cascaded tube stages to deliver a wide-open lead tone with more available gain than any other Supro.
Tube Driven Effects Loop
An all-tube FX loop stage provides a perfectly buffered signal to interact optimally with stompboxes, multi-effects and modern switching systems that require the 4-cable method for inserting time-based effects in between the preamp and power amp stages of the Supro Galaxy.
The tube-driven, six-spring reverb in the Galaxy amplifier is assignable to either one or both channels. A dedicated dwell control for the overdrive channel is located on the rear panel, and allows for preset attenuation of the signal feeding the reverb pan when the overdrive channel is turned on.
- Channel-switching, all-tube design
- High-headroom Clean channel
- Overdrive channel with 3-band EQ
- Reverb assignable to one or both channels
- Solo Boost available on both channels
- All-tube buffered Effects Loop
- Wattage: 50 Watts Class AB
- Speaker: 12" Eminence CV75
- Black Leatherette Tolex with Suede Accent
- Hand Assembled in Port Jefferson, New York, USA
- Type: Tube
- Total Power: 50W Class AB
- Circuit Type: All-tube Supro Circuit
- EQ: 3-band
- EQ Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Effects Loop: Yes Footswitch
- I/O: 1 x 1/4" (channel)
- Footswitch Included: Yes, 1-button SF1
- Construction Material: Poplar Plywood with Black Leatherette Tolex
- Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
- Channels: 2 Channels, Foot Switchable
- Reverb: Yes, Assignable and Foot Switchable
- Preamp Tubes: 4x ECC83S, 1x ECC81, 1x ECC832
- Power Tubes: 2x 6L6GC / 5881
- Speakers: 1×12" Eminence CV75
- Cabinet Dimensions (in.): 20.3" x 8.7" x 18"
- Weight (lbs): 50lbs
- Country of Origin: USA
The Supro Galaxy all-tube, two-channel combo amplifier combines two things Supro amps excel at - vibrant cleans and rowdy, mid-focused drive tones.
Discontinued, B-stock and otherwise refurbished items have a limited warranty. Please see manufacturer for details.
All Supro products are subjected to a limited 1 year warranty unless otherwise specified. This limited warranty does not cover damage resulting from accidents,misuse, alteration or normal wear.