Tascam VS-R265 4K/UHD Streamer/Recorder vs-r-265
The VS-R265 is a 4K/UHD AV over IP streaming encoder and decoder that simultaneously records, encodes, streams, and decodes multiple 4K video streams (3840x2160) using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), a high efficiency coding scheme that delivers H.264 video quality at half the bit rate.
Features include simultaneous A/V encoding, streaming, recording and decoding over corporate networks and WANs, live streaming via the Internet, plus automatic FTP upload of recorded files to network storage. Utilizing open streaming formats and protocols, the VS-R series support CDNs and online live platforms including YouTube, Wowza, Ustream, AWS Elemental MediaLive & CloudFront and others.
Whereas many other products either lack professional audio levels or connectors, don't record at all, or can't simultaneously encode and decode, TASCAM's VS-R series sports fully balanced audio I/O via Euroblock connectors, with configurable reference levels for compatibility with professional audio systems. Unbalanced 3.5mm stereo mini jacks are also provided for compatibility with consumer devices.
The units' bi-directional A/V operation, live online streaming, secure capture to SD/USB media then later upload to a website is suited to for live events, lectures, government sessions, boardroom presentations, concert venues and houses of worship, also for connections between rooms or locations.
With power from PoE+ and external 12V DC, HDMI in/out with audio embedding and de-embedding, and full control from a RESTful API allowing for integration into automation/control systems, these units are extremely versatile.
- 4K/UHD AV over IP streaming media encoder and decoder for live video streaming.
- Simultaneously records, encodes, streams, and decodes multiple 4K video streams.
- Functions as an external stand-alone YouTube encoder for HD streaming to YouTube and other popular CDNs, including Wowza, Ustream, AWS Elemental MediaLive and CloudFront, etc.
- Uses High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), a high efficiency coding scheme that delivers H.264 video quality via 4K content at half the bit rate.
- Versatile audio I/O connections via balanced analog Euroblock low-voltage wire connectors and unbalanced analog 1/8" (3.5mm) mini-stereo jacks.
- Perfect for a wide range of 4K live streaming AV installations and environments, including corporate, education, house of worship, government, industrial installations and security.
- Audio can be embedded from analog sources and de-embedded to drive networked audio playback for ceiling speakers.
- Provides digital audio embedded within the HDMI I/O.
- Installed output level configuration function and reference level switching function (up to +20dBu) allows reliable and flexible system structuring.
- Compatible with popular standard streaming protocols, including HLS, RTMP, RTP/RTSP, Multicast, Unicast.
- Offers RESTful API for integration into control systems in commercial AV installations.
- Ability to record directly to USB connected media or SD cards via a front panel loading slot.
- Recorded files can easily be uploaded to an FTP server automatically for creating back-up copies or repurposing to the web.
- With the optional rack-mountable shelf AK-RS1, up to two VS-R units can be installed in a 19 inch rack space.
- Support PoE+ for power supply in addition to the optional AC adapter (TASCAM PS-P1220E; sold separately)
In a compact 1U-high, half-rack footprint, the VS-R265 can be rack mounted or screwed under a desk, with styling that will also suit positioning on a desktop.