Vox MV50HG 50W Valve NuTube Mini Head Single Channel Amplifier - High Gain mv-50-hg
The Vox MV50HG amplifier weighs slightly less than a pound and fits in the palm of your hand.
Equipped with the next-generation vacuum tube Nutube, and featuring a stunningly light-weight design of only 540 grams (1.1 lbs.), these amp heads boast a high 50W of output power. As its name implies, the sound of the MV50 High Gain is optimized for high gain. With even more variations, the MV50 series is expanding its offering and showing no signs of slowing down.
If you want the high-gain sound that's indispensable for modern music, the MV50 High Gain is the amp for you! Equipped with a MID CONTROL SWITCH that boosts or cuts the mid-frequency range, this amp gives you a versatile range, delivering edgy sounds with a boosted high and low end that are perfect for riffing or a thick lead sound.
- Only 540 grams (1.1 lbs.)! An ultra-compact head amp that you can easily carry in one hand.
- In spite of its size, monster-class sound power with 50W output.
- The preamp features Nutube, the new vacuum tube that utilizes vacuum fluorescent display technology.
- Analog circuitry based on a pure design philosophy.
- EQ switch provides sound that's the perfect match for the size of the cabinet being used.
- Speaker emulated line/headphone output jack mimics the know-how of a recording engineer.
- Retro-chic design with mirror-finish front & VU meter.
- An excellent match for the BC108 or BC112 from VOX's Black Cabinet Series.
Vacuum tube sound powered by Nutube is alive and well
Powered by Nutube, the MV50 series achieved shockingly light-weight design, and is currently available in three models with differing sonic characters: AC, Clean, and Rock. Each model is capable of amazingly powerful sound that you would not expect from its looks or size, and these units have stunned guitarists around the world. Now, two new types have been added to the lineup: High Gain and Boutique. The fat sense of drive that's distinctive of vacuum tubes - and is characteristic of the Nutube - is alive and well. Painstaking attention has also been paid to the analog circuitry, perfectly replicating even the complex interaction between the components of a vacuum tube amp. Fast response and overpowering dynamics are also major features of the MV50 series.
- Output Power: 50 Watts RMS - 4 Ohms, 25 Watts RMS - 8 Ohms, 12.5 Watts RMS - 16 Ohms
- Inputs: 1 x Normal Input Jack
- Outputs: 1 x External Speaker Jack, 1 x Headphones/Line Out Jack
- Controls: Volume, gain, tone
- Tube Compliment: NuTube 6P1
- Dimensions: 5.31 x 3.94 x 2.95 inches, 1.19lbs
If you're looking for a tone that goes from raunchy to all-out distortion, the MV50HG is the mini guitar head of your dreams.