Yamaha FG800 BS FG Series Dreadnought 6-String RH Acoustic Guitar-Brown Sunburst fg-800-bs
There's even more to love about this newest installment in the Yamaha FG series, the Yamaha FG800 acoustic guitar.
Back is the comfortable dreadnought body style and solid spruce top that players loved in the FG700. But new scalloped bracing gives this acoustic an even bigger low end and better projection for live and recording applications. Body back and sides made from nato wood (eastern mahogany) and okume give the FG800 its warm tone and professional looks, while the satin-finished slim neck with rounded fret edges give it comfortable playability.
A direct upgrade to the Yamaha FG700
The entry-level Yamaha FG700 rocked the guitar-building world with its craftsmanship and smart use of tonewoods. The FG800 takes this design several steps further with scalloped bracing for a punchier tone and better stage projection, and a slimmer, more comfortable tapered neck with gently rounded fingerboard edges. Acoustic players have been fans of the Yamaha FG series for years, and for the price, consider it one of the better values on the market.
Solid spruce top braced for better punch and projection
New scalloped bracing makes the FG800 even fatter and louder. This gives the solid spruce top - a feature normally reserved for professional instruments - an expressive dynamic range for punchy chords, sweet-sounding leads, and lively riffing.
Yamaha FG: the best-selling acoustic guitar series in the
It's not hard to see why Yamaha's FG series is a world best seller: the comfortable dreadnought bodies, professional-grade tonewoods, and fast-playing necks make these acoustics great first instruments for beginners, and solid seconds for seasoned players who need an extra acoustic for the stage or to play around the house.
- A value acoustic with pro looks and features
- The newest installment in the best-selling Yamaha FG series
- Comfortable dreadnought body with tapered waist fits all players
- Solid spruce top is full and balanced
- Scalloped bracing improves punch and projection
- Nato/okume (AKA eastern mahogany) back and side woods deliver a warm tone with great looks
- Slim, tapered neck with fast satin finish glides through the hand
- Walnut fingerboard with comfortable rounded edges
- Stable die-cast tuners
- Series: 800
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Brown Sunburst
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Solid Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Nato/Okoume
- Body Bracing: Scalloped
- Binding: Black
- Neck Wood: Nato
- Radius: 15.74"
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Tuning Machines: Die-cast Chrome
- Bridge Material: Walnut
- Nut/Saddle Material: Urea/Urea
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Body Length: 19.881"
- Body Width: 16.220"
- Body Depth: 3.937" - 4.645"
Solid tone and playability for all levels: the Yamaha FG800 acoustic guitar!