Zoom H1n 2-Channel Handy Recorder z-h-1-n
The Zoom H1n 2-Channel Handy Recorder with dead-simple stereo pickup and unlimited overdubs makes archiving music performances, dialogue, and sound for film easier than ever.
The Zoom H1n is the successor to the acclaimed H1. Upgraded features include dedicated one-touch buttons for recording, playback, and audio settings; a new 1.25" backlit LCD that reads easily in any lighting condition; slate and test tone generators for simpler A/V sync; auto-record and self-timer functions; a front-facing speaker; and adjustable playback speed for transcription and notation. Whether you use the phase-coherent onboard stereo XY mics or plug in your own sound source via the 1/8" stereo mic/line jack, the Zoom H1n captures your world in glorious 24/96 hi-fi. Note: requires an SD card for recording (sold separately).
Zoom H1n features a brighter, crisper backlit LCD display
The new 1.25" monochromatic display on the Zoom H1n looks great in virtually all lighting conditions. The layout is clean and organized, and the backlight pops in the dark or direct light.
Distortion-free audio recording
Auto-Level and onboard limiting provide up to 120 dB of distortion-free audio - more than enough headroom to reproduce the most dynamic spoken and musical performances.
Unlimited overdubs - great for multitrack audio
Zoom even lets you overdub audio onto your existing recordings. This makes the Zoom H1n an essential tool for the touring artist or songwriter on the move.
Tone generators and timer tools
The Zoom H1n is even easier to use than previous iterations. Slate and test tone generators enable picture-perfect audio and video sync, while auto-record and self-timer features make sure you never miss the moment.
Onboard stereo XY mics plus mic/line jack
A pair of built-in stereo condenser microphones oriented in a fixed 90° XY pattern captures audio in perfect phase-coherent stereo. But when the occasion demands, an 1/8" mic/line input lets you use your studio and shotgun mics. Broadcast-ready, BWF-compliant 24/96 WAV and space-saving MP3 audio formats are available to suit your needs.
10 hours from 2 AAA batteries
The Zoom H1n promises up to 10 hours of operation using just 2 AAA alkaline batteries. Rechargeable Li-ion and NiMH AAA batteries may promise even better performance. Or, for home use, simply run the Zoom off of USB power (cable and adapter not included).
Connect the Zoom H1n to your device via USB to use it as an audio interface, or to drag files to your workstation. Whether you record at home or on location, the Zoom H1n captures clean audio without fuss.
- Mobile 24/96 audio recorder with onboard stereo XY mics
- Crisper, cleaner backlit 1.25" display
- Captures phase-coherent stereo audio
- Updated mic shield is sonically transparent
- Dedicated buttons for audio format and settings
- One-touch recording and playback
- Auto-record, self-timer, and pre-record ensure you never miss a moment
- Slate and test tone generators simplify A/V sync
- Variable playback speeds for transcription and notation
- Auto-Level and Limit functions offer 120dB of distortion-free audio
- USB connectivity for file transfer and interfacing
- Stereo 1/8" mic/line input supports other mics and sound sources
- Stereo 1/8" headphone/line output with volume control
- Records audio as BWF-compliant 24/96 WAVs or space-saving MP3s
- Supports microSD/HC cards up to 32GB (sold separately)
- Up to 10 hours of operation from 2 AAA alkaline batteries (included)
- USB powered for more permanent installs (cables/adapter not included)
What's in the Box:
- H1n Handy Recorder
- 2 AAA Batteries
- Steinberg Cubase and WaveLab LE
- Quick Start Guide
- Audio Interface: 2 x 2 SD Recorder
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/96kHz
- Simultaneous Rec Tracks: 2
- Simultaneous Play Tracks: 2
- Built-in Mic(s): 90° XY Stereo Condenser Mics (up to 120dB SPL)
- Analog Inputs: 1 x 1/8" TRS (mic/line)
- Analog Outputs: 1 x 1/8" TRS (headphones/line out)
- Headphones: Yes (shared out)
- Built-in Speaker: Yes
- Memory (removable): microSD/SDHC (up to 32GB)
- File Format: WAV, MP3
- Effects: Speed Control (playback), Tone/Filter presets
- USB: 1 x Type Micro-B
- Power Supply: 2 x AAA batteries / USB 5V DC adapter (sold separately)
- Battery Life: 10 hours
- Stand Mountable: Optional MA-2 mic stand adapter (sold separately)
- Height: 1.25"
- Width: 1.96"
- Depth: 5.41"
- Weight: 0.13 lbs.
An ideal fit for solo musicians and podcasters, as well as a terrific entry point into the world of audio for video and sound design, the black Zoom H1n portable recorder features an onboard stereo microphone that lets you easily record two tracks of high-resolution audio in the palm of your hand.
Discontinued, B-stock and otherwise refurbished items have a limited warranty. Please see manufacturer for details.